Photo processing

Can anyone assist please. I'm cruising for the first time on the Spirit in August. Is there anywhere on board to process photos from digi cards onto cd, and if so does anyone have an idea of the costs. I'm hoping not to have to take a laptop with me.

Thanks in anticipation.

On a recent cruise we did (on Princess) the photography department could transfer from memory card to cd, not sure what the charge was though. There was also self service machine that accepted various memory cards but I'm not sure if that was for printing or backing up.

Agree with other posters though, take extra cards, they're generally very cheap.

I am cruising on the Thomson Celebration in September and will take a extra SD memory card for my Canon digital so no problem there but what about charging the battery?. I will take a extra Li-ion NB-4L but will probably need to recharge at some point. What power supply outlets are there in the cabin and what adaptors are needed, or do I just take a adapter for everything?

We've charged up phone batteries and camera batteries on Celebration. If I remember correctly, you need a European 2-pin (round) adapter but we take a 4-way with us too which lets us charge a number of items at the same time.

I think the voltage is 110V though so you need your chargers to be able to charge using that voltage. We've not had problems - my camera's a Canon and the charger says 100 -240V. If I charge it up every night, it lasts for the whole of the next day although we get the feeling that the battery doesn't hold it's charge quite so long - especially with our mobiles. Whether this is to do with the lower voltage, I'm not sure. We carry spare camera batteries just in case - but it's not really been necessary for me although DH who takes sooooooooooo many pics, usually does need an extra one if we're at a very photogenic destination.

Are you on one of the Baltic trips? If so, camera at the ready - St P especially generates lots of photo opportunities. Happy cruising!

P.S. I should have said that I think there is only one outlet in the cabin at the dressing table hence the 4-way which makes it much easier than swapping everything over all the time. The dressing table also makes a useful surface to put the 4-way and attach all the chargers!

We use a European adaptor which you can get from Argos etc. (Catalogue page 322 Cat no 982/7459 price £2.47 will do the job). We can then plug the 4-way extension lead into this adaptor. We plug all our standard 3-pin chargers into this 4-way. Argos Page 323 shows a variety of suitable 2,4,6 and 8-way extension leads ranging in price from £2.47 to £9.97. These items are freely available in most electrical stores.

We've charged up phone batteries and camera batteries on Celebration. If I remember correctly, you need a European 2-pin (round) adapter but we take a 4-way with us too which lets us charge a number of items at the same time.

I think the voltage is 110V though so you need your chargers to be able to charge using that voltage. We've not had problems - my camera's a Canon and the charger says 100 -240V. If I charge it up every night, it lasts for the whole of the next day although we get the feeling that the battery doesn't hold it's charge quite so long - especially with our mobiles. Whether this is to do with the lower voltage, I'm not sure. We carry spare camera batteries just in case - but it's not really been necessary for me although DH who takes sooooooooooo many pics, usually does need an extra one if we're at a very photogenic destination.

Are you on one of the Baltic trips? If so, camera at the ready - St P especially generates lots of photo opportunities. Happy cruising!

I am doing the Fjords so still plenty of photos as long as it doesn't rain. I would like to try a Baltic cruise one day but 4 days in Iceland on Fire and Ice next year was too good to miss. Thinks, perhaps I should run a test to see how many shots I actually get out of 1 battery charge rather than trusting the cameras manual.

I think Celebration has 220 voltage ...however we've just returned from Calypso which is definitely 110 v and everything worked well. Phone charger, camera, and video camera all charged well with the chargers we use in UK. We took 4 way extension but never used it...just charged things at different times!!!!!! not a problem at all!!

Archived