How much importance do you place on food  

535 members have voted

1. 1. How much importance do you place on food

• Its the reason I cruise
    • Its very important in my decision, but not #1
    • It doesnt play a part in my decision to book
    • I like food, but its not that serious
    • I sail for the ports and ship, not the food

I think that food is important, but not the most important thing on a cruise. Certainly, tho, when you're going to be eating all or most of your meals onboard, you want the food to be good! The dining experience on a cruise is so much fun, and bad food would certainly affect the experience. I am not a picky eater, and don't have an expert pallate, but I do love a good meal! Never had a really bad experience on my cruises.

Food isn't my reason for sailing. However, if I knew a certain line had poor food, I'd never book them, regardless of where they went or how cheap their fares were. We are so lucky that Carnival has fabulous food!!! They have great food, large cabins, great entertainment, reasonable prices and beautiful ships. What else could we want?

It is second for me as I don't sleep much. At least not in the room:D now on deck in the sun is another thing.

And as I'm ususally on the for a long period of time, the food matters.

My number one reason is the sun/water. The first helps me determine ports some what. The second is a given but dependent on the first for how much I get to enjoy it.

I like to eat, but I dont based my cruise choices on food, Im sure I can find something to eat regardless of which cruiseline I sail.

It is funny when reading reviews how some will say royal/ncl/x has the best food, then others will say royal/ncl/x has the worst food. Food like most things is so subjective and I do think many may put to much emphasis on it,but that is their right.

The dining experience is a big part of cruising for me. Not just the food, but the presentation, the service, and the company. When the dining experience is pleasurable it makes the cruise that much better. It is not the number one priority though... cleansiness, overall service on the ship, entertainment, itinerary, weather, overall ambience(sp?) of the ship, cruising companion(s)... these are the things that make a cruise great.

I voted that I like food but it's not that serious.

If I take a long cruise, I wouldn't want to be stuck with horrid food for all those days, that is the reason I didn't vote for the last option. I cruise for the ship and being on the sea. The food just needs to be decent. I feel the service is more important.

Great service can make a 'just ok' meal wonderful...poor service can turn a culinary delight into a disaster.

I voted that I like food but it's not that serious.

If I take a long cruise, I wouldn't want to be stuck with horrid food for all those days, that is the reason I didn't vote for the last option. I cruise for the ship and being on the sea. The food just needs to be decent. I feel the service is more important.

Great service can make a 'just ok' meal wonderful...poor service can turn a culinary delight into a disaster.

I agree 100% :D

I look at itinerary and then price for that itinerary. I know after 50 cruises that I'll be able to find enough food to enjoy. Even cabin size might come before food. I do all the cooking in our house, Barb is a terrible cook. No, I shouldn't say terrible, she's way worse than that.:p And I have had the great good fortune to have a company expense account for 3 plus decades. And have been privileged to eat in multi star restaurants all over the world. So food is definitely not unimportant to me. But there are so many venues on ships today that decent food will be available.

Dan

Very important. It's one of the reasons I will not cruise with NCL again. The other reason is the lack of properly cleaning the ship from cabin to dining tables. Oh, almost forgot to mention how unfriendly the staff was with the exception of one of our room stewards. Just my experience with this line. Don't flame please.:eek:

Eating to me is just something I have to do to survive.

To be perfectly honest, the 5 star resorts that we have stayed ... the food portion was a waste on me.

As long as I don't have to plan it, purchase it, prepare it, clean up after it...I am good to go!!!! :D

For me, food has never entered into the equation for choosing a cruise. I choose by itinerary and ship that the group has decided on (I only do group cruises). If I don't like the itinerary, I skip that cruise. If I don't like the ship, I skip it. If both fit, I will consider it depending on the cost.

Judy

Food is way down on my list. While I enjoy a good meal, food isnt the focus on my vacations. I can experience a great meal on land, so I cruise to see and do things that I cant at home.

I could be happy if all they had on the ship was fresh fruit and steamed veggies.

Archived