How much importance do you place on food  

535 members have voted

1. 1. How much importance do you place on food

• Its the reason I cruise
    • Its very important in my decision, but not #1
    • It doesnt play a part in my decision to book
    • I like food, but its not that serious
    • I sail for the ports and ship, not the food

Not the reason I cruise though. I didn't think it was that important until I cruised on RCL and the food, the selection ect was terrible. It would take alot to get me to do that again.

I remember our 1st Carnival cruise and the dining room. The food was fantastic and my kids ( 12 & 6 then) were just amazed. They even tried new things. The waiters were awesome. My son cried that he wanted to take the waiters home the last night. Carnival provides good food and a good experience neither of which I got on Royal. So yes, I have learned that it is important to me.

Im just curious because often the first thing mentioned is food when doing a review or when pax talk about choosing a Cruiseline. So how important is food choice and quality?

I love to eat MRE's , I'll let you guys decide .:D

First and foremost is my ability to relax and do as little (usually) or as much (rarely) as I want. Food for me is #2. The room is #3. I've been sort of dismayed about all the reviews I've been reading about Carnival's food going downhill but since I know that everyone has different tastes, I am withholding judgement until I see for myself in September.

Prior to a cruise last year on 'another' cruise line (not in the Carnival family), I would have put food at about a 3 or 4. DH and I mostly ate pizza that had a card board crust because it was better than any other food on that cruise. Not only was the food very bad (in quality), the food area (not the tables) in the lido was filthy most of the time. They did not keep the food in the lido buffet filled either. So sad, I used to love that cruise line.

So, now I would bump it up to #2 with cleanliness at #1.

Not important at all. In fact, the least important factor on the ship. I don't really enjoy eating and find it a serious waste of time. It's something I have ot do but not something I look forward to. I want to get it over with as fast as possible so I can get on to doing something enjoyable...which is anything but eating.

Most others have a different opinion and I can respect that. I just don't place that large of a value on food.

I LOVE food. I don't book a cruise based on the food though.

I'm not that picky either. Give me hot food that tastes good and I am happy:D

I think feeding 2000 passengers each meal makes it a bit more of a challenge to make it "special".

I was very happy with the food on my last cruise.

Factoring in that I'm not planning, preparing nor cleaning anything up...the food has to be PRETTY poor for it to even occur to me to complain.

I second this! For me shopping for, putting away and preparing food then the cleanup takes up alot of time at home. On vacation I feel the days are twice as long because I don't have to do anything related to food but eat it.

Having said that we sailed on The Freedom of the seas last year and did not enjoy the food as much as the food on Carnival. It wasn't bad but given the choice I prefer the Carnival food.

Looking are several threads over the past few days, thought I would revive this thread.

For me food is far from the reason I cruise, its 5th or 6th on my list.

Food seems to be the number one topic on these boards....and having experienced many cruises and seeing many people on board I can see

why:rolleyes:

I was talking to an employee the other day....he is going on his first cruise and he is excited. He told me he heard it was a total feed fest.........pretty sad that was all he was excited about.....

Food seems to be the number one topic on these boards....and having experienced many cruises and seeing many people on board I can see

why:rolleyes:

I was talking to an employee the other day....he is going on his first cruise and he is excited. He told me he heard it was a total feed fest.........pretty sad that was all he was excited about.....

Stole my thunder ! ! :D

I'm in the same boat as Kurbanfan . . . I enjoy Carnival's food and presentation, but, in my case, I could exist quite happily on their buffet food for an entire week. :rolleyes:However, I enjoy meeting the many different people which occurs in the dining room, in some cases, making LIFELONG friends and even met a cruisemate I've taken a couple of cruises with (we celebrate the same birthday). :)

Archived