Weather on Victory (at sea) right now?

Kat4Carolina

Someone that just got off the Victory a few days ago responded to an earlier post and I was wondering if they were still around.

We leave in 21 days to Halifax and Saint John...I have read that the sea days tend to be foggy in the summer. Just wondering if that was the case for those who just got off the ship and also if laying by the pool is possible. I know swimming is probably not going to happen, but is it at least warm enough for sunbathing?

Also, would love to hear details of your trip if you just returned!

I've done this sailing many times. What I suggest is pack light clothes with some stuff to layer with like a sweatshirt and windbreaker. This way you'll have what you need without over-packing. It's only 2 sea days and the other days, especially in NYC are likely to be hot.

I spent a lot of time on the waterfront in Portland, ME. There is typically fog in the morning, that starts to burn off around 9AM. It can be comfortably cool in the morning (sweatshirt weather). Usually by 10 at the latest the fog is gone, and then it will start to warm up (depending on the weather).

The weather's changeable, but there are days when sunbathing is entirely possible. Here's a photo of Victory's Lido deck during our first sea day last August (but compare it to Mr. Pete's photos of his July cruise last year:eek:).

1882710478_DanandfriendsVictory081207.jpg.375c0a9499921d1882087e8a3e7a2e61.jpg

In 06 we had great weather except the last sea day. Everyday was a pool day except that last day. I did find in St John it started off cloudy and quickly sun came out.

Im going next week and am taking shorts. I will bring along a sweatshirt just in case.

Enjoy your trip!

We got off on Thursday :)

Left New York at the end of a thunderstorm. Stormed off and on the rest of the day. Choppy seas but smooth ride.

1st sea day - woke to clouds and rain/cold (50s?) stayed most of the day like that. Choppy seas

St. John - arrived dismal but improved. A bit warmer, sun off and on. Calm seas

Halifax - Bright and sunny when we arrived - low 60s. Got to Peggy's Cove about 11 and fogged in, couldn't see much of anything. Dismal/grey back in Halifax and completely fogged in by the time we left at 6. Calm seas.

Last sea day - Sun off and on and cool - 60s. Very calm seas.

Hope that helps!!

We got off on Thursday :)

Left New York at the end of a thunderstorm. Stormed off and on the rest of the day. Choppy seas but smooth ride.

1st sea day - woke to clouds and rain/cold (50s?) stayed most of the day like that. Choppy seas

St. John - arrived dismal but improved. A bit warmer, sun off and on. Calm seas

Halifax - Bright and sunny when we arrived - low 60s. Got to Peggy's Cove about 11 and fogged in, couldn't see much of anything. Dismal/grey back in Halifax and completely fogged in by the time we left at 6. Calm seas.

Last sea day - Sun off and on and cool - 60s. Very calm seas.

Hope that helps!!

So....other than the weather....did you enjoy the trip?

We had a great time. We don't let weather affect us - just asked for blankets to use on our balcony and we were good to go. We saw dolphins and whales from the balcony on the first sea day(8:30 am).

The food was very good, the prime rib and desserts especially. The service was IMO impressive. The stewards and waiters knew our names after the first day and were never less than friendly and helpful. It was our first Carnival cruise and I would definitely sail Carnival again - no complaints on this, our 8th, cruise.

The weather's changeable, but there are days when sunbathing is entirely possible. Here's a photo of Victory's Lido deck during our first sea day last August (but compare it to Mr. Pete's photos of his July cruise last year:eek:).

We were on the same cruise with Mr. Pete..........very foggy (he has the photo).....but clear in port......

The previous year it was clear to and from NY....the last day we were able to sit poolside, if you could get a seat.........:confused:

Archived