Need Help Leave on Friday!!!!

imkauai

We have a sky suite on Summit room 6121and want to take some DVDS to watch on sea days , I have spoken w/ Celebrity they say rooms only have VCR, I asked about renting a DVD player , they said they don't rent them , I have seen some posts that state other wise, any answers from recent Summit cruisers would be great!!!!

I was recently on several flighta and saw some small to large portable DVD players. I talked to a few of the people and they can be purchased at Best Buy, Circuit City, or I believe the QVC web site for a reasonable price. Plus, if you have kids, they are handy for long road trips.

Most portable DVD players have rechargeable batteries. You must use the player while plugged into an electric socket or the battery must be recharged after 2-3 hours of use without being plugged into electricity. If you get a player with an optional cigarette charger you can use the player for extended periods in the car and on long flights in seats with cigarette plug type sockets (many have these now). Prices for portable DVD players have dropped way down.

I know some will disagree, but how on earth could you even consider bringing along some old broken down dvd to watch on a sea day. Most times you only have a couple of sea days at best and you can watch those broken down dvd's anytime...unless you are a you child.

I know some will disagree, but how on earth could you even consider bringing along some old broken down dvd to watch on a sea day. Most times you only have a couple of sea days at best and you can watch those broken down dvd's anytime...unless you are a you child.
I TOTALLY DIS-agree with your thinking!! To each his own!

Wouldn't it be a sad world where everyone likes the same food, the same house, the same people, the same entertainment, etc.? You can bring anything you want to entertain yourself, as long as it is legal. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy. The sea days are lovely no matter what you do.

No kidding Cruiserdm! Certainly to each his own. As for the DVD....any chance that one could unplug the feeds from the VCR and plug in a portable DVD player? I've seen that done in some hotels and then I've also seen where the hotel has "hardwired" in the VCR so it can't be unpluged from the TV. As an aside, we'd really like to take our own music on our Galaxy cruise but I'm confused about whether or not RS's have a CD or DVD player. Sounds like they don't. Anybody absolutely know for sure?????

Some people seem to forget that a cruise is a vacation. If all I want to do is hole up in my room and read for a week, then that's my choice. Some people aren't interested in drinking, playing pool games, playing bingo, baking in the sun, etc.....that doesn't mean they didn't have a wonderful cruise! :)

The only thing about music playing in your cabin is that it's important that you don't play it loud enough to inflict your music on others. I love sitting on my balcony watching the ocean go by and it would really ruin it for me if someone was playing music on their balcony. Use headphones please. :)

Don't know if you have a laptop or not, but we take ours along and can play DVD's on that. We also use it for the wireless internet while onboard. We can compose our message home to the kids before we actually start paying for minutes and this saves on the amount of usage - helps cut down on cost! Hope it works out!

Kathy

Phil - Thanks! Since we're driving to the port we'll be able to haul along a few more pounds of stuff and one of the extra poundage we'd like to bring are some CD's. Wanted to make sure we could play them. Thanks again. :) And not to worry.....we don't play our music loud. More to create an atmosphere and that's all I'll say about that. ;)

Archived