3 generations - Caribbean Princess?

Blueparrot

We are planning a family trip for three generations. It will include us, our married kids (20s), and grandparents. We have been looking at the CP for Thanksgiving week. The ship will sail from Puerto Rico and do the southern Caribbean.

The grandparents are experienced Princess cruises, but we did take them on a cruise with us a while back on another line and they were not happy with it and claimed it was not what they had experienced on Princess.

I'd like opinions about this being a good cruise to accomodate 3 generations. My husband and I have always been happy with any cruise, but I want the 'kids' to have a good time and want the grandparents to feel comfortable, also. I hope that passengers will not all be on the older side. I think the kids would like to meet up with other people their age. The grandparents are quite sociable, but would prefer to meet up with people their own age, also.

You will all have a great time! My husband and I are in our mid 30s and have been cruising Princess since early 20's and have always loved them. We are now addicted since they added Movies Under the Stars. Your married "kids" should enjoy this feature as well. Besides that, there are a multitude of ways for them to meet others their age. Just have them read the daily patters to find activities that interest them. If they attend they should meet up with plenty of other people their same age range. Princess is great for providing lots of different activities that each pertain to different age groups and interests. Princess truely offers a great multi-generational cruise experience.

PS - Since you will be on the Caribbean Princess, you should sign up for the Couples Razul in the spa. Your married kids should enjoy it too and maybe even your parents. It's a fun experience in a private spa suite for the two of you where you spread each other with exfoliating creamy stuff, shower, spread each other with some great smelling mud, sit in a warm steam room, then shower again. It really is a fun and romantic experience that I've only seen Princess offer on it's new ships.

Go for it! You'll find all ages on Princess. We had the same situation a few years ago. My son was in his early 20's at the time. He really surprised me by enjoying the shows and other entertainment (he's into heavy metal music).

We did a family reunion cruise.

Ages ranged from early 70's to young teens.

Princess does an excellent job with all age groups.

They offer a huge variety of onboard activities, events, shows for all to enjoy.

I wouldn't worry.

Everyone will have a great time.

We have done it, and we are going to do it again this August!

Our first cruise was 2005, ages were 63 to 4.

This cruise, the ages will be 66 down to 1. There is so much for everyone, from movies, to food to entertainment I can't see how you can go wrong!

We did a family reunion cruise on the CB over this past Christmas. Ages were from 16 to 87. It was a wonderful experience; we couldn't have asked for better memories! My in laws are also experienced cruises (4 times/year) and love Holland and Princess. By travelling with the grandchilden I think they may have participated in a few activities they wouldn't have on their own, and they loved it!! Make your plans and enjoy!!:)

One of the things I like most about Princess is the variety of ages onboard. I have always seen large multi-generational family groups and have enjoyed cruising Princess with my parents (in their 70s) and DS (now a teen).

They really do seem to offer something for everyone.

Archived