United changed my flight time

nans vacation

If anyone is flying out of Vancouver, on United,on the 12:35pm flight to Washington D.C.[might be just your frist leg of your flight home] It has changed to 12:06 pm . United never send me and email . I check on my flyes almost every day .We were able to change our flight to 2:05 pm.[no charge]. Now I can relax.

If anyone is flying out of Vancouver, on United,on the 12:35pm flight to Washington D.C.[might be just your frist leg of your flight home] It has changed to 12:06 pm . United never send me and email . I check on my flyes almost every day .We were able to change our flight to 2:05 pm.[no charge]. Now I can relax.

Flight changes have happened to me before on various airlines but I have always been contacted. Quick question for you - when you entered your flight information at time of purchase did you enter contact information (phone, e-mail address, cell, etc.)? Reason for me asking, United has always contacted us via home phone or cell if there is a change because we have that information entered into our profile. Just got back from our Alaska cruise and there was an e-mail informing us of a change on our upcoming American Airlines flight for 4th of July (again, our contact information is entered at time of purchase). Just curious to find out if United is getting lazy.

I am on the same flight number (in late August) Vancouver to IAD. I also received no notification, but when I checked my reservation, I noticed a change in flight time --for my outbound flight too. Not a big change, but they should certainly be notifying us. They do have my email.

I am on the same flight number (in late August) Vancouver to IAD. I also received no notification, but when I checked my reservation, I noticed a change in flight time --for my outbound flight too. Not a big change, but they should certainly be notifying us. They do have my email.

Thank you for your response. Did you call United and inquire as to why no one notified you or what their notification policy is? --- just curious.

No -- I don't have the strength to actually try to reach a live person at an airline. My patience for voicemail prompts and waiting on hold seems to have diminished. I'll just keep checking the website, where at least I feel as if I have some control

No -- I don't have the strength to actually try to reach a live person at an airline. My patience for voicemail prompts and waiting on hold seems to have diminished. I'll just keep checking the website, where at least I feel as if I have some control

I know what you mean. I called United one time and got an overseas operator and had a heck of a time getting something accomplished.

Try this to reach a human being at United: 1: Dial 1-800-864-8331;

2. Press "0" (zero); 3. Say "agent": 4. Say "yes;" 5. Say "domestic" or "international" as apropriate." (From gethuman.com).

Sometimes I get an answer after just a couple rings. Good luck.

Try this to reach a human being at United: 1: Dial 1-800-864-8331;

2. Press "0" (zero); 3. Say "agent": 4. Say "yes;" 5. Say "domestic" or "international" as apropriate." (From gethuman.com).

Sometimes I get an answer after just a couple rings. Good luck.

Today I discovered United had changed our flights for the fourth time.

I used the above information. It does work. A United rep answered on the first ring.

We were on this same flight after our 1-8 Jun cruise and we were moved the other direction to 12:50. No call here either but US Air had done the same thing a few months earlier and all we got when I inquired was that "we should always check for possible time changes". I was okay with that because I was a bit nervous but we were at the terminal before 9 (did express walk off) and when we got to the terminal, the flight was delayed until 1:50! It was a long day!

I know that this is off topic and maybe I'm becoming paranoid but has anyone noticed that since United announced that it is laying off 950 pilots that their flights are delayed. I have been monitoring our flights from Phila to Vancouver for several months and in the last few days they have been delayed 3 to 6 hours. Has anyone else noticed this?

I know that this is off topic and maybe I'm becoming paranoid but has anyone noticed that since United announced that it is laying off 950 pilots that their flights are delayed. I have been monitoring our flights from Phila to Vancouver for several months and in the last few days they have been delayed 3 to 6 hours. Has anyone else noticed this?

It's just not United, American Airlines gets delays a lot as well. I just think that with all the changes in routes, taking planes out of service, and weather, things will happen and we will just have to live with it for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
I fly United alot, and if there is a schedule change they will call you exactly one month ahead of time to confirm.

Oddly, I received a call this past Sunday at 5:18 am saying that a flight we had scheduled in February of 2009 had changed. I was a bit upset they chose that hour to wake up my family for a flight over 6 months away!

Oddly, I received a call this past Sunday at 5:18 am saying that a flight we had scheduled in February of 2009 had changed. I was a bit upset they chose that hour to wake up my family for a flight over 6 months away!

If you are a Mileage Plus member, you can sign up for EasyUpdate and specify "quiet times" during which they are not supposed to call. And/or you can give them a number like your office or cell phone which will record a message but not bother you with ringing when you are asleep!

Archived