Cell Phone Service on Princess Ships

WWCJR

I though that the following two links might be of interest to those that want to know about the roll-out of cell phone service on the different Princess ships.

http://www.mcp.com/maindesign_2.asp?aid=20511&gid=9597

click on ships in operations and scroll down to the Princess area and you will find the following:

They seem to already be behind schedule for the Coral, Crown, Emerald, and soon the Caribbean.

The following is the press release on this subject

http://dynamic.protu.no/pictures/160/files/Press%20Release%20Princess%20Cruises%20January%202008.pdf

I find the followning statement in this press release encouraging that we might not see cell phones in use all over the ships.

“We are very pleased to have reached an agreement with MCP for this service, and believe that MCP will be a good

business partner for us," says Anthony Kaufman (Senior Vice President of Commercial Affairs at Princess Cruises).

“This is a service that an increasing number of passengers expect to find onboard our ships. MCP has been very good

to work with, particularly in respect of disabling the service in the certain public areas of the ship where we prefer cell

phone service not to be present."

Princess, if you are reading this please restrict the cell phone usage to peoples cabins only. I do not care to hear people talking all over the ship on their cell phones. I know that there are those that feel it is their right to do so and there are others that will say that the cost will keep it to a minimum. If it is able to be used in public areas and on desks, please people respect others that prefer not to hear your cell phone calls and take them away from others.

I will believe it when it is up and operational. :D

I agree, they are not on their own schedule to have it up and operating. But then again I am in no hurry for it to be operational. I would be very glad to see it not operating on CB until after our cruise in Sept. to Canada/New England.

BTW Colo Cruiser have a great time on your Alaska cruise. Watch for Eagles just to the North of the Ketchikan dock area. That was one of the best locations for Eagles when we were there last summer.

I agree, they are not on their own schedule to have it up and operating. But then again I am in no hurry for it to be operational. I would be very glad to see it not operating on CB until after our cruise in Sept. to Canada/New England.

BTW Colo Cruiser have a great time on your Alaska cruise. Watch for Eagles just to the North of the Ketchikan dock area. That was one of the best locations for Eagles when we were there last summer.

Thanks Bill, just made final yesterday. :D

That is one of my favorite times sitting on the balcony leaving Ketchikan.

We were on B2B on the Golden last January, and the service on that ship was turned on during our 8th night on the cruise. It did not work in the dining room, and I didn't check to see if I had service in the buffet. It worked great in our inside cabin, which wireless from an island tower will not do.

We were on B2B on the Golden last January, and the service on that ship was turned on during our 8th night on the cruise. It did not work in the dining room, and I didn't check to see if I had service in the buffet. It worked great in our inside cabin, which wireless from an island tower will not do.

And we were on The Golden during February and there was no service, go figure.;)

Mike:)

Archived