Need Some Advice

gunner22a

I booked my Panama cruise through my local cruise agent. When I asked for an aft cabin Celebrity came back with none available. On the advice of this board I checked an online company that allows you to ask for a specific room. Low and behold two aft cabins came up as open. My agent is gone for two weeks. I sent Celebrity an e mail today with the information and a request to change rooms. Will/can they do it or do I have to pray for two weeks that the rooms are still there when she gets back? Anybody out there that has had a similar experience?

I booked my Panama cruise through my local cruise agent. When I asked for an aft cabin Celebrity came back with none available. On the advice of this board I checked an online company that allows you to ask for a specific room. Low and behold two aft cabins came up as open. My agent is gone for two weeks. I sent Celebrity an e mail today with the information and a request to change rooms. Will/can they do it or do I have to pray for two weeks that the rooms are still there when she gets back? Anybody out there that has had a similar experience?

Hi Gunner !

To try to help you, Two thoughts come to mind :

1. Is there anyone else at the travel agency that you can call ? I would suggest calling the Agency and asking for a Manager.

2. If that is not an option, I would CALL (not email) Celebrity's Captains Club, and explain this to them, and hopefully they will be able to help you.

I do think, that if you explain the situation to them, (that your Travel Agent is away), that they would try to assist you.

Please let us know what happens !

Regards,

Andy

Usually, only your TA is authorized to make changes on your behalf, including cabin changes. These cabins may have just opened up, so I'm not sure if Celebrity didn't give your TA the correct information when he/she asked or what the first time.

I would find someone else in your TA's office, who can request your cabin to be changed immediately, before they are taken by someone else.

Good Luck

SDCruiser

Gunner, When did you book your cruise and when is your sailing? If you are still in the "deposit" stage and the price has not gone up since your original booking, I'd call Celebrity and book the cabin you want, have your agent (or agent's manager) cancel the original booking and then transfer the 2nd booking to your agent. It will cost an additional deposit but they are pretty good with crediting your inital deposit and it will be a "wash" when you get your credit card bill.

Gunner, When did you book your cruise and when is your sailing? If you are still in the "deposit" stage and the price has not gone up since your original booking, I'd call Celebrity and book the cabin you want, have your agent (or agent's manager) cancel the original booking and then transfer the 2nd booking to your agent. It will cost an additional deposit but they are pretty good with crediting your inital deposit and it will be a "wash" when you get your credit card bill.

Hi Gunner !

This isnt a bad idea, but.... you have to be careful.... to make SURE the price has not changed on the New Booking Vs. the Old Booking.

Many of Celebrity's sailings have gone up in price over the past few months. I have no idea when you booked or what you initially paid. You could wind up paying more, just to get a more desirable cabin.

If you totally want this room, and neither of my 2 ideas work, (that I mentioned in my last post), you MAY want to try this option, but just be very sure as to what you are doing.

Regards,

Andy

The cabins could have been held by the online agency as part of a "group" booking - TA's reserve blocks of rooms in hopes that they will sell them. So the info given your local TA could be correct. If they are part of the online TA's block - then you will need to go to the online TA to reserve one unless they release them or Celebrity recalls the cabins.

Archived