Do you have to pay for the games in video arcade?

Oh my! When my kids ask, I'm going to say, "What arcade?"

Arcade games were $1.50 per play last week. I think my brother wished he hadn't shown the arcade to his boys so early in the trip!

Ping pong, pool, chess - all free.

-JC in CA

Most kids clubs have video games.

Also, I have been on NCL, Carnival & HAL with my daughter. If you go to the front desk, they will " disactivate" the card for spending. Or you can set a limit per day.

Thanks, good to know.

Most kids clubs have video games.

Also, I have been on NCL, Carnival & HAL with my daughter. If you go to the front desk, they will " disactivate" the card for spending. Or you can set a limit per day.

We were on the Mariner, and they do have computers in the kids club with games on them, as well as internet. They also have a Wii for the teens (12+?), but I think they only bring that out "occasionally" as opposed to leaving it available all the time - they did have "Family Wii" as well where the younger kids (11 & under) can play provided they brought a "family" adult with them.

• 5 years later...

Just re-visiting this one as I can't find anything more recent when I search.

Could someone please let me know if game prices have changed since 2008 when this thread started and how much I should now expect a game to cost?

Also, rather than the kids using a Sea Pass that's linked unlimited to mine, can they have one that has a daily spend limit?

Thanks

In a few days we will board Explorer of the Seas for our 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean. Very excited! Just wondering:

-The free Ping Pong and Pool are located inside the video arcade and they are free?

-Do adults use the video arcade much or mostly kids?

Thanks

-Do adults use the video arcade much or mostly kids?

Thanks

In the very few times I was near the video arcade, I did not seem any adults enter. Although this summer I did play a few games with my younger daughter on one of the afternoons.

Note: My teenage daughter went to the the teen club each night, and there were two nights where all the video games in the arcade were free to the teens for an hour or so (7 night on Legend). The ping pong was free (on that ship it was outside & near the pool).

Edited by Travel R

Just re-visiting this one as I can't find anything more recent when I search.

Could someone please let me know if game prices have changed since 2008 when this thread started and how much I should now expect a game to cost?

Also, rather than the kids using a Sea Pass that's linked unlimited to mine, can they have one that has a daily spend limit?

Thanks

$0.95-$2.75 Obviously the games where you win anything are on the higher end.

And yes, you can get the amount they spend limited.

I believe my daughter was able to put a daily dollar limit on the amount my grandson could charge to his SeaPass card...if not daily...then definitely total amount. He knew that once it was gone...it was gone! It helped to limit the amount he spent on games, as well as, spreading it out. He had to learn to budget his spending money should he want a temporary tattoo, cotton candy, etc. and he actually did a pretty good job at it (he was 9).

How do you get the kids seapass card to allow a daily spending limit.. Can the concierge do that or set up when we check in? Hopefully I don't have to go to Guest Services each day..

My daughter only went once to Guest Services to set the limit. We didn't think about restricting his spending until we were already on board so I'm not sure if they can do it at check in or not. We don't recall if it was per day or a total amount for the week (I thought it was for the week...she thought it was daily). My grandson never went over his limit of $25 per day so I can't verify that it actually worked. We did check the account each day on the TV in our room to keep tabs on his spendiing. Hope this helped :)

As far as do adults play in the arcade. Yes. When we travel with friends, we tend to play the car race arcade games when I am not on a ship with a flowrider. I am 54. You can also put money on your sea card by depositing 20 dollar bills in a machine. So, if the kiddies have access to your wallet....

jc

This is great information thanks.

We will be traveling on Serenade with our 7 yr old grandson. It's nice to know we can limit his sea pass card. Don't want him thinking it is a magic ticket to whatever he wants. We are taking the family and I know my son is limited on his funds for this trip. I may even see if my grandson's expenses can be tied to our acct instead of my son's.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by bradsnana

As far as do adults play in the arcade. Yes. When we travel with friends, we tend to play the car race arcade games when I am not on a ship with a flowrider. I am 54. You can also put money on your sea card by depositing 20 dollar bills in a machine. So, if the kiddies have access to your wallet....

jc

I am partial to House of the Dead myself!!!;):o

OP-Like someone said-check the kids cruise compass they get. They do have free video game times listed in them for the kids. May be only once or twice but let them get a good fix then I say!! :) But seriously-I looked for those freebies every time the compass came for them.