dress code

first_timer2

I know this will sound stupid, but keep in mind that it's coming from a first timer :o

At restaurants, can bermudas be worn by men? I know on formal nights it has to be a suit, but on the other nights, can dressy bermudas be worn.

Thanks for you help:confused:

As of last December, the dress code was for no shorts in the dining room at dinner. Don't know how well they enforce this? Shorts are OK in the dining room at breakfast and dinner.

No shorts in the dining room for dinner regardless how dressy they are except on the first night (they will waive the no shorts rule if you have not received your luggage in time). There is a sign at the door stating no shorts.

Now for all others, no need to respond with your point of view. The OP asked a question and I answered it correctly. Let us move on..

As of last December, the dress code was for no shorts in the dining room at dinner. Don't know how well they enforce this? Shorts are OK in the dining room at breakfast and dinner.

I think you meant breakfast and lunch not dinner. :D

At restaurants, can bermudas be worn by men? I know on formal nights it has to be a suit, but on the other nights, can dressy bermudas be worn.
No. No shorts, Bermuda or otherwise by either men or women in any dining room or restaurant at dinner. This is one thing that is usually strictly enforced.

Wow this is like the wizard of oz....The great and wonderful oz has spoken

Of course everyone knows oz was a little lonely old man with a microphone and looked nothing like a captain. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My then DH was not allowed to enter the dining room at dinnertime because he was wearing shorts (and they were nice linen shorts) He had to go back to the cabin to change.

I think that they are allowed the first night and also the last night though because of luggage issues.

No. No shorts, Bermuda or otherwise by either men or women in any dining room or restaurant at dinner. This is one thing that is usually strictly enforced.

I agree, I have seen people in shorts turned away at dinner.

Men in Kilts are acceptable.

My thoughts exactly. Aren't Bermuda shorts with a button-down shirt, tie and jacket are considered formal by native Bermudans? Perhaps that's what the OP meant by "dressy Bermudas?"

On our last family cruise, we checked in advance to ensure that Barong Tagalog with fancy neckpieces (traditional Filipino embroidered formal wear for men) were acceptable in the dining room on formal nights. The ship assured us our dress would be fine and, while it didn't exactly meet the published codes (no jackets), our group had many compliments.

My thoughts exactly. Aren't Bermuda shorts with a button-down shirt, tie and jacket are considered formal by native Bermudans? Perhaps that's what the OP meant by "dressy Bermudas?"

On our last family cruise, we checked in advance to ensure that Barong Tagalog with fancy neckpieces (traditional Filipino embroidered formal wear for men) were acceptable in the dining room on formal nights. The ship assured us our dress would be fine and, while it didn't exactly meet the published codes (no jackets), our group had many compliments.

I think shorts and jacket and tie are considered proper business dress in Bermuda rather than formal dress.

If you peruse the dress threads the impression is that there are no shorts allowed in the dining room for diner except on formal night when ALL RULES are disavowed and it becomes the OK Corral of fashion! :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

My then DH was not allowed to enter the dining room at dinnertime because he was wearing shorts (and they were nice linen shorts) He had to go back to the cabin to change.

I think that they are allowed the first night and also the last night though because of luggage issues.

They issue luggage????

Archived