Room Service

I tried searching 5 times and this is what I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards8.cruisecritic.com\search.php on line 1012

Anyway, does anyone have the menus for Monarch of the Sea? Can you order from the dining room? What about breakfast? Can you order whatever you want?

I don't have the menu but the full range of breakfast items are available; you can put your order in the night before (leave it on your door handle) or call in the morning (allow 35 - 40 minutes for delivery). Food is available round the clock through Room Service; the TV has the daily dinner specials for room service so you can check it out if you don't want to go to the dinner room or buffett.

RCI is very accommodating.

Is there something special you are looking to order?

Kathy:)

The Monarch's options for Room Service seem to vary per sailing and are very limited compared to other ships. We were never able to order items from the main dining room -- even when it was still open (unlike other ships). We were able to order the chips and dip (wonderful) last December and the wings only once. The staples - hamburgers and turkey sandwiches were always available.

ETA - I don't recommend putting your breakfast menu on the door before you go to sleep on the Monarch if you are on the 10th deck. The kids area is on the same level and they LOVE to remove play games and remove your card.

###

I tried searching 5 times and this is what I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards8.cruisecritic.com\search.php on line 1012

Anyway, does anyone have the menus for Monarch of the Sea? Can you order from the dining room? What about breakfast? Can you order whatever you want?

Can't help with the room service piece, but I have received the same error when searching. It seems to me that I get that error when the search engine cannot find the words I am searching for. I have either dropped a word or two, or tried different words. You may get more results to search through, but you will probably get results rather than errors.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the responses.

tomko2 -- no, I wasn't looking for anything special. I was just curious to know if hot breakfast was available. I've sailed on Princess and I know you can only order if you are in a full suite (which I was). I was also on the Monarch but didn't order room service since there were a bunch of us and we went to the dining room or buffet.

PhoenixCruiser -- thanks for the tip. I will be on the 10th deck in a grand suite. Maybe they won't go up that far forward since the bridge is right there. Maybe I'll just wait until the morning to order.

Thank you for the responses.

tomko2 -- no, I wasn't looking for anything special. I was just curious to know if hot breakfast was available. I've sailed on Princess and I know you can only order if you are in a full suite (which I was). I was also on the Monarch but didn't order room service since there were a bunch of us and we went to the dining room or buffet.

On all the RCI ships we have been on we've been able to order a hot breakfast.

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy

Just got back from The Legend of the Seas - breakfast room service is limited (sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, pastries, cereal and fruit)

Throughtout the day you can get a vegatable panini (loved this!) nachos and chilli con carnie, cheese platter, cheesecake etc.

It can be very slow (30-40 mins) but on the whole very nice!

Enjoy!

Kelly

PhoenixCruiser -- thanks for the tip. I will be on the 10th deck in a grand suite. Maybe they won't go up that far forward since the bridge is right there. Maybe I'll just wait until the morning to order.

Oh yes those little buggars will snatch your room service requests from the 10th deck. We were on the Brilliance in Dec and had left our menu request on the door knob the night before...so when we didn't get our breakfast at the requested time, we were told that those precious little ones had snatched the menu requests from several decks. Gotta love 'em...Can't kill 'em!!! :D

If you are in a GS, you will be able to order just about anything you want. We always do omelets and love the little basket of breads and pastries. Just remember to order EXTRA pot of coffee it really is just about 2 cups. And, remember to order EVERYTHING you want like butter etc. They do leave some of that out unless you ask. Also, you will have access to the CL where you can make wonderful espresso drinks all day long and they have a continental breakfast set up in there too. Just realized that I am not sure if Monarch has a concierge lounge but someone will let you know for sure. I think you will love your GS!!!

If you are in a GS, you will be able to order just about anything you want. We always do omelets and love the little basket of breads and pastries. Just remember to order EXTRA pot of coffee it really is just about 2 cups. And, remember to order EVERYTHING you want like butter etc. They do leave some of that out unless you ask. Also, you will have access to the CL where you can make wonderful espresso drinks all day long and they have a continental breakfast set up in there too. Just realized that I am not sure if Monarch has a concierge lounge but someone will let you know for sure. I think you will love your GS!!!

The Monarch doesn't have a CL and their room service menu is limited compared to other ships.

###

Thanks for the info on the CL, never been on Monarch, obviously. BUT, she should be able to get an omelet or pretty much anything else she wants if she is in a GS.

Has nothing to do with being in a GS. My GS menu was the same as any other cabin on the ship. Again, omelets are no longer on the room service menu.

I am the room service queen of the Moanrch. I order breakfast from room service every morning. There is a different menu for deck 10. All of the cabins on Deck 10 have hot options (no omelettes, but I've never asked). We usually order within the first hour listed on the card, and it always arrives on time, piping hot. We like to eat breakfast whle we sail into port. Be sure to order coffee. The coffee press in the GS cabin is a pain. It's so much easier to have a ready-made pot. We stay in the GS and Junior Suites, always towards the front of the ship. One time when we were in a JS, there were only cold items on the breakfast menu. When I asked the cabin steward about it, he told me that was a mistake, and that it was a card for the other decks. Since you're in a GS, no problem. I've never had my card stolen off of the door, but one of the head waiters in the dining room who is in charge of room service knows I'm going to order, so I think he watches for it. He always asks me if everything was ok when I go to dinner, Enjoy! I love the Monarch and her crew.

love 2Relax, that was my point also. We were told that as long as you are in a suite even if it isn't on the MENU write it in. We did and never had a problem getting what we wanted. I know every sailing can be different but the new suite perks posted a little while ago said you can order pretty much anything that is being served in the dining room at the time even if it isn't on your room service menu.

• 2 weeks later...

RC seems to have cut back on room service on all the vessels.

It's still 24 hours and it's still free but the menu is very limited and you have no real choice in what you get.

The TV ordering is a joke-half the time it doesn't work and even when it does the folks in Room Service don't get the order.

Give them a call and 30-40 minutes later you'll get your stuff.

Does anyone know if , on the ships with a Chops, you can get the chops steak delivered to your room? I would pay for it....

I just hate to sit at a table for 3 hours...:rolleyes:

Just tell them that you want to speed up the process and you should be able to get out in just over an hour, especially if you know what you want when you first sit down :)

###

Phoenix...thanks, I did not know they could go faster. With the young ones though...I thought maybe one night we could get one of those yummy steaks in the room. Anyone know if this is possible?

Phoenix...thanks, I did not know they could go faster. With the young ones though...I thought maybe one night we could get one of those yummy steaks in the room. Anyone know if this is possible?

You cannot order to-go items from Chops or Portofino, sorry!

###

Archived