Vancouver hotels?

Island Flower

Any suggestions on a nice place to stay in Vancouver the night before sailing?

Any restaurants we don't want to miss?

Last time we were through there, we went to the Fish House in Stanley Park and loved it... also to the Vancouver Aquarium and loved that too.

Wasn't sure where I should look for a nice hotel and you guys have an answer for everything... so fire away!

:)

Any suggestions on a nice place to stay in Vancouver the night before sailing?

Any restaurants we don't want to miss?

Last time we were through there, we went to the Fish House in Stanley Park and loved it... also to the Vancouver Aquarium and loved that too.

Wasn't sure where I should look for a nice hotel and you guys have an answer for everything... so fire away!

:)

We stayed at the Pan Pacific Vancouver before our Alaska cruise and loved it. The pier is just right there and all you need to access the cruise terminal is an elevator.

The restaurant in Pan Pacific called Five Sails is outstanding...get a table that overlooks the harbor!

Here's their website, with specific information for cruisers. Hope this helps!

http://www.panpacific.com/en/articles/2287.html

We stayed at the Pan Pacific Vancouver before our Alaska cruise and loved it. The pier is just right there and all you need to access the cruise terminal is an elevator.

This looks AMAZING! :eek:

Thanks!

The Pan Pacific is located next to the Canada Place cruise terminal. In 2008, all the Celebrity cruises are leaving from Ballantyne Pier which is in an industrial area a mile or two from Canada Place. It's one of the worse areas of Vancouver so you don't want to stay near Ballantyne Pier.

What general price range are you looking for in hotels and restaurants? It's hard to make recommendations without knowing how much you want to spend.

Dave

What general price range are you looking for in hotels and restaurants? It's hard to make recommendations without knowing how much you want to spend.

Let's not think in terms of money.

Just let me know if you stayed or ate somewhere that made a great impression on you. ;)

Hi,

My wife and I stayed at the Sutton Place Hotel after our Alaska cruise in 2001. This is a superb hotel and we got a great deal through Princess, although I believe its quite expensive. We also ate at Cin Cin in Robson St which was very good.

Sutton Place, Four Seasons, Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront, Westin by Stanley Park all very good hotels. We stayed at the Westin around Christmas Time (Didn't want to drive home) and the view was incredible!! I thnk that has become my favourite hotel. But it's a bit farther to walk unless you're going to Stanley Park.

I stayed at the Pan. i had dinner at Five sails- so worth it. also the dessert given to you with your coffee was an added treat. plus i walked to dinner the other two nights and to Chinatown and back. great area.

This topic would likely be bettered handled on the Canada thread where you will find many recomendations. However that said all of the above mentioned are great properties and to the list I would add Fairmonts Hotel Vancouver, the Tower at the Terminal City Club or the Wedgewood, which is a boutique hotel. For dinner you may want to try the Cannery on the water on the east side of town .... about a $15 cab fare either way or Aqua Riva about 100 paces east of Canada Place. For an excursion you may care to go over to the North Shore and visit the Capilano Suspension Bridge and the Grouse Mountain Sky Ride.

www.canneryseafood.com/

www.aquariva.com/

I second the recommendation for the Four Seasons, the Wedgewood and the Pan Pacific. For dinner, if you like Indian food, I highly recommend Vij's (http://www.vijs.ca/index_in.htm) which is about a $12 cab ride away.

Dave

Absolutely, Vijs is excellent and very, very popular. They don't take reservations so get their early and prepare to line up.

Aqua Riva, is off my recommendation list. It used to be very good, has definitely gone down hill.

The Elbow Room for breakfast....its not that close to the pier, but it is a hoot!...

They take your order with a bit of intentional harassment, then make you get your refils yourself.

Its a very interactive place and a little like being in the middle of a sitcom at times.

Dave:eek:

The last time I was in Vancouver, I stayed at the Sutton Place for two nights pre-cruise. It was a wonderful hotel. I can't remember where we ate, but I do know that there is a place across the street from the Sutton Place called Death By Chocolate which has excellent coffees, desserts,etc, and was even a good bet for a continental style breakfast. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dean

You guys are the best... how NICE to wake up to so many helpful and mouth-watering suggestions!

I have always been a Four Seasons lover, but the other options all sound great too... well, I have a year to choose... it will be tough to decide... but what a nice decision to have to make.

Happy cruising, all!

Aloha!

:D

I second the Elbow Room for breakfast. What a riot. They give you huge portions and then humiliate you if you don't "clean your plate." Food was great and the ambiance is greatness. We've stayed at Georgian Court which is adjacent to Yaletown and can walk to Gastown. Vancouver is an amazing city. Also ate at Fish House and recommend it as a great lunch spot.

... we were very happy at the Best Western Downtown which is right in the heart of the business district and an easy 15 minute walk to the water. We got upgraded to the top suite b/c we are part of their frequent guest program (I guess), and it was very nice with two flat screen TVs and an electric fireplace (which was GREAT on the cold dreary 50-ish June day!). Also a very nice continental breakfast with make-your-own waffles.

This was for circa $125. (Clearly, not as good as getting the Hyatt for $125 thru Priceline, but, hey...) :o

Boy I don't know, I think I would take the Bayshore Inn over the Hyatt Regency. However I wouldn't regard the Bayshore in the heart of the business district in fact I would describe it as being in the West End of Vancouver and very close to Stanley Park.

The Hyatt Regency though at Burrard and Georgia is clearly in the heart of the business district and I happened to be in it yesterday and I have to say that at some the prices we have been hearing about it is a great value.:)

We've stayed in a number of hotels in Vancouver, including the Westin near Stanley Park. We really like the Sheraton Wall Centre. It's modern and has floor to ceiling windows and we've enjoyed great rates. Our most recent room was overlooking the art museum.

For food, we really like the Cat's Meow http://www.thecatsmeow.ca/home.htm on Granville Island. Great food, tasty beverages, really nice outside dining if the weather is good.

The last time I was in Vancouver, I stayed at the Sutton Place for two nights pre-cruise. It was a wonderful hotel. I can't remember where we ate, but I do know that there is a place across the street from the Sutton Place called Death By Chocolate which has excellent coffees, desserts,etc, and was even a good bet for a continental style breakfast. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dean

Death by Chocolate is no longer there. It was replaced by a restaurant Joey's Bar and Grill.

X sailed from Ballantyne (industrial pier) last summer for our Alaska cruise. Wound up with a suite at the Westin on Robson Street for a great AAA rate with spa discount and free breakfast Took cab to Fish House (great!) and hotel was close to stores and the pier. Good luck - there are many great choices!

Archived