what kind of room should one get with 3 adults

ladro

If you can do a suite for only $200 then go for it unless you want to save the money for other things like excursions. We have had up to 4 in an inside room--very cozy, but doable if you are like us and want to go rather than stay at home!

??? Sounds like you are talking about the Fantasy, they dont have any balcony cabins, just cat 11 and 12 suites that have balconys.

For $200 more it sounds worth it to me. Ecstasy seem like the prices are about double for a suite over the price of regular cabins. Ecstasy does run higher than Fantasy though.

They could all be friends and not a couple plus one. Three girls sailed in a inside cabin (travel agent's daughter and friends) and they did just fine. If you can afford it though go for the suite! If it is a couple and the third isn't a relative (like mom) than I'd deffinately go for 2 cabins if you can - a cruise is romantic... Debbie

I agree that it depends on the three adults. If it is same sex friends who are either young (20's or so) or accustomed to being together in confined spaces, one stateroom might work out well but someone gets either the couch or upper bunk depending on the stateroom configuration. If it is three ladies no matter what age, there may be a problem with only one small bathroom.

If it is one couple plus one more particularly if they are related and different generations (parents + adult offspring or vice versa), then two rooms is the only viable solution!

You certainly would save money with one stateroom but could ruin what should have been a wonderful vacation. Remember, once you are on the ship, you cannot go to the purser's desk and ask for an additional room!

I usually cruise with girlfriends. We are all in our late 50's and early 60's and none of us are "petite" gals. (hubbies don't like to travel so we leave them at home). Did 3 in an inside room on an older RCI ship, that was a bit tight as the room was the smallest one I have been in. We have done several with 4 in a room, both outside and balcony, all with 2 upper bunks which were quite comfortable. Never had a problem with sharing one bathroom even on the formal nights. None of us is into lots of makeup and all have wash and dry hair, so that eliminates a lot of bathroom time! Works for us and our cruises cost less!

Archived