Omg!!!!

Lizard©

It was more the Ibis which we are staying 3 nights on Darling Harbour on 19th, 20th, 21st I was worried about.

the reviews aren't that great on tripadvisor

The Ibis is in a good location and is a comfortable Hotel, so it isn't like you will be slumming it.

It is marketed as an economy option. Rooms are smaller than the average Hotel and they don't offer the top end amenities. I have stayed there a couple of times with no problems. Not my preferred choice, but the ones I like better also cost more.

It was more the Ibis which we are staying 3 nights on Darling Harbour on 19th, 20th, 21st I was worried about.

the reviews aren't that great on tripadvisor

That'll teach me to read fast. It looks okay. In an excellent location too. I've read a lot of reviews on that site and if I took notice of them I'd probably had booked a different cruise. So you can tell I don't take much notice. I'd rather listen to the advice of the members on this site and am really looking forward to my cruise on the Pacific Dawn.

That'll teach me to read fast. It looks okay. In an excellent location too. I've read a lot of reviews on that site and if I took notice of them I'd probably had booked a different cruise. So you can tell I don't take much notice. I'd rather listen to the advice of the members on this site and am really looking forward to my cruise on the Pacific Dawn.

Too true

Its all about attitude and if I booked the best ALWAYS we wouldn't be able to take this cruise as wehave done lots this year already

I remember 9 years ago we went to Vanuatu, booked this nice resort...well we thought we did from the brochures. We got there, it was very run down and needed heaps of maintenance but we had a little bungalow right on the beach. It rained the whole weekend but you know we had the best time. Was the same when we went to Europe some hotels were really nice, others average but we still enjoyed ourselves.

I remember 9 years ago we went to Vanuatu, booked this nice resort...well we thought we did from the brochures. We got there, it was very run down and needed heaps of maintenance but we had a little bungalow right on the beach. It rained the whole weekend but you know we had the best time. Was the same when we went to Europe some hotels were really nice, others average but we still enjoyed ourselves.

The little bungalow right on the beach would be priceless in itself

I noticed that some people don't know what cabin they will be in. When we booked last December (07) for next January (09) our travel agent told us our cabin when we booked. She also asked if we we were hapy with it our should she check the box on her computer to show we would like to be upgrade if possible.

I noticed that some people don't know what cabin they will be in. When we booked last December (07) for next January (09) our travel agent told us our cabin when we booked. She also asked if we we were hapy with it our should she check the box on her computer to show we would like to be upgrade if possible.

There are 2 types of booking:

Specific cabin - you choose the cabin you want and it will be assigned to you on the spot. The only way that will change is via upgrading.

Guarantee cabin - you will usually pay a cheaper price to get "any" cabin at that category or above. It is cheaper, as it allows the cruise lines heaps more flexibility when trying to max the passengers on the ship. These are not usually assigned till final payment through to boarding.

Archived