Question on 9A on Glory

stierney2

I would definitely choose the Empress Deck. The Verandah Deck is right under the Lido Deck. We stayed there on the Victory and it was very noisy with chairs sliding all over the place at all times of the day and nite. The Empress Deck is closer to the food than the Upper Deck!!!!! And I would definitely go for the wrap arounds in 7440 or 7445.

I think any of the aft cabins (especially those with the wrap around balcony) would be great! We had 8455 on the Glory last year and loved it!! It was great being right below the lido deck, it was just a quick run up the stairs to go to the pool or to grab a bite to eat. I have some pictures of our cabin and balcony if you would like to check them out. Have a great cruise!! :D

Cabin 8455

We had 7440 on our Glory cruise this past March. It was great. No noise, plenty of space and the balcony couldn't be beat. We chose that room because there were rooms on the decks above and below. An added perk of having a cabin at the very aft of the ship is you will get plenty of exercise, especially if you enjoy going to the shows, which are at the opposit end of the ship. You also get on and off the ship at the very front when you are at the various ports. I actually ended up losing 7 lbs, yet I ate more than enough.

Was upper (6483) not available??? That was our cabin over July 4th - perfect location... 1 deck up from everything... with NO NOISE issues.... I feel that balcony is one of the larger CAT 9A balconys (they are all HUGE though)

Tom

doxies- There was no couch, but there were 2 chairs and a table , as well as a vanity stool. I LOVED this cabin. The bathroom is next to the balcony door and can not be seen from the hallway. There was more than enough closet and drawer space. As mentioned earlier, the balcony was wonderful. You can feel a breeze when you are on the side part of the balcony, but not near as much when on the back part. We had 3 chairs, two small tables and also had our steward bring 2 lounge chairs from one of the decks...there was still lots of room to spare.

As far as being larger than a cat 8, I think it was. My mother and children had a cat 8 and their room seemed much smaller. It may have just been the layout of the room, but I don't think so.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

We are booked in Upper 6483 (Conquest)...the balcony does look larger, but the room smaller than the other aft 9a's.

We were on the Pride 2 years ago..aft cat. 11 wrap-around. It is a WONDERFUL room. Seperate bedroom and a LARGE bathroom.

I am a little worried when I look at the pictures of 9a balconies. The way they lean in and there is a metal post supporting the railing. It seems to cut into the floor space.

You will love 6483! - plenty of cabin space... though certainly not like the aft CAT 11 wrap-arounds (we also had one on the Pride - 4228), and are trying the opposite corner (4237) on the Legend over Thanksgiving... WOO HOO

I am not sure about the other levels on the Conquest class ships, but for 6483 and the adjacent (side CAT 8) cabin there is an additional door off of the hallway that leads to the those 2 cabins... so you can have 2 doors between you and the hall ... very quiet!

Liberty is the same configuration, and if I book the Liberty over the Jewel for April 2006 it will definitly be a 9A! Love to look at those wrap-arounds.

We booked an aft (6264) on Miracle for April 2005 as we are taking the DS for his first cruise and the 'wraps' are Cat. 11's. Two of the aft cabins on Spirit Class ships accomodate 3 passengers as they have a sofabed!

Curious if there is any noise from the Lounge under 6452 or 6483 on Conquest Class? I believe the ones on the upper deck have the deepest balcony, or is that just a print error in the brochure?

Soon as the prices are posted, I'm just about ready to book, so any help on the best or preferred 9A wrap-arounds is appreciated.... :D

stlrboo - as I have indicated in my two posts on here - 6483 is QUIET... though our son, who was in 6475 (interior) - just a few doors away, was bothered by a late evening thump-thump from the lounge below... we checked it out and concur... so when someone tells you that a particular "area" is ok - just beware, as there may be isolated exceptions (or they may have been the exception). The additional door to the hallway is a big plus, as when we sailed on the Glory in 2003 (Inaugural cruise) we were in an 8A, and there was frequently lots of noise coming from the hallway (you could hear conversations as people walked by!)... I can't tell you if the higher deck 9A's have this second door or not.

We picked the upper deck because of the apparent larger balcony... and were happy with our choice - also the upper deck is a great location, being just 1 deck above lots of activity!

Enjoy,

Tom

Archived