cruising in December in the caribean

dbcancun

I am going on a carnival cruise from Galveston,tx in December to Montego bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Has anyone been on this cruise in December? What is the weather and the temp like during this time of the year?

We had great weather in December. I was out of Galveston in early April 2007 when they had that freaky snow storm the day before my cruise. We had 40s for sail away and just about that cold coming back into Galveston.

December so far was a breeze, you should have 80s in your ports, high of 75 would be unsually cool.

I am going on a carnival cruise from Galveston,tx in December to Montego bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Has anyone been on this cruise in December? What is the weather and the temp like during this time of the year?

Probably some of the best weather of the entire year. The temperature will be in the 80's, you're outside of the rainy and hurricane season so you should count on more sunny days.

Definitely better than traveling in the middle of the summer when the temperatures are in the 90's, (scorching hot), humid and rainy.

With that said, the only thing to keep in mind is that Galveston might be chilly and foggy, so you might not start enjoying the Caribbean warmth a day or two as the ship heads to/from Texas...

In Dec. 07 we cruised near St. Thomas/St. Kitts and got a couple of storms through the week. Waves were 20 feet high a couple days and I was the sickest ever experienced on a cruise. You never know what weather could come about. Don't worry I've never heard any cruiser complain about their weather they had on their Dec. cruise. We just got unlucky with the weather on our last Dec. cruise.:)

In Dec. 07 we cruised near St. Thomas/St. Kitts and got a couple of storms through the week. Waves were 20 feet high a couple days and I was the sickest ever experienced on a cruise. You never know what weather could come about.

Ain't that the truth!! I was on Carnival Glory the same week, and that late-season tropical storm kicked our butt. Had to skip St. Thomas, but the cruise was still awesome.

My December '06 sailing was on Carnival Inspiration. In my online review I refered to it as the Ulp-Urp cruise, since that was the noise most passengers were making during the first two nights. :eek: Those were some rough waters.

Have those turned me off sailing in December? - No! December 2008 and December 2009 have already been booked (despite that fact Carnival can't tell me what ship I'll be on).

To all with December sailings. . . Bon Voyage and have a superb time!! :)

We have been very lucky with the weather on all our December Caribbean sailings. Always had hot, sunny conditions in the ports - 80-90 degrees. We also have our next 2 Decembers booked - looking forward to better weather than we would have staying home in NY!

Archived