Infants in Showrooms

shaunyb33

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the policy is for infants in the showroom??

We will have a 10month old bub with us and hoping she can sit on our knee while we watch the shows.

I understand adult comedy shows have age restrictions but are there age limits with normal musical shows/entertainers??

Many thanks,

Shaun

There's no age requirement for the general shows. You won't have any trouble taking the baby in.

However -- may I ask you a favor on behalf of your fellow cruisers? If the baby starts to make noise, please take her out of the theater. I just returned from a live show where a few parents decided that the rest of us wouldn't mind listening to their children talk/fuss/cry. We did mind, alot. But I imagine you're one of the considerate parents who wouldn't dream of disturbing a theater-ful of people. Thank you. :)

No we are definitely the type that do the "quick dash" if she starts to make a noise/play up. I really cant understand how disrespectful some people are and let their kids roam/babble/cry when a crowd/group of people are trying to watch or enjoy a show.

We'll be the ones on the aisles so we can make speedy exits if required!!!

Thanks for the info

I once heard the perfect line regarding babies in shows...

A crying baby is like a new year's resolution... it's no good until it's carried out!! :p

Just something to keep in mind... if you walk into the theatre and find it difficult to get an aisle seat, ask someone if they would mind moving so that you'll have an easy escape route in case your baby gets fussy - I'm sure people would be glad to accommodate such a request. :)

Keep in mind that the shows are often times very loud, and may even have some special effects that may scare or startle an infant.

I wouldn't get too close to the stage if you decide to go with your baby, and be aware of where the speakers are. Don't take the chance of hurting the baby's ears.

Have a wonderful cruise with your little one. I am going on a family cruise in August which includes my 19 month old granddaughter and my 9 month old grandson. I can't wait!

I like to sit in the balcony near the exits anyway in case DH doesn't like the show (which happens pretty often, he's a party-pooper) and often see people with little kids sitting in that area so they can leave without bothering people if their kids get fussy. We plan to do this on our next cruise too--DS will be 16 months then.

Archived