Help booking Academia tix(Florence)

unless i misunderstood, the site said 4.00 euros for booking fee.

The 4 euro charge is the charge for pre-reserving a ticket. This is charged by the museum itself. (It used to be 3 euros, but I assume it's gone up...)

Together with the actual ticket price (Uffizi or Accademia are each 6.50 euros), the total price would be 10.50 euro per ticket.

However, places like Tickitaly, which was mentioned earlier in this thread, tack on additional "booking fees" and charge 20 euros per ticket.

Also, Tickitaly (and other similar sites) require you to prepay, whereas booking thru the museum does not require any payment until you actually arrive to pick up your tickets. So, if for some reason you are late or a no-show, there is no charge.

We chose the ship's tour that included the Academia and after seeing the lineups (even for those with tickets) I was ever so glad. We waited about five minutes while the tour guide got our tickets and then in we went.

• 4 weeks later...

I just called the museum this morning and made a reservation for the end of October. The total cost per person with fees is 14 euros. Since we only have one day there it is worth it for me to not wait in line. Also, I checked online and the time I wanted (10am) wasn't available but I was able to get it by calling them direct.

Just got my confirmation for through the direct Accademia site (14 euros each included ticket and processing fee).

Anyhoo--my confirmation states:

Accademia, Mostra Giovanni de Milano.

I hope that means I can get in to see David, because that is what I really want to see....this should get me in right?

The initial order confirmation came to me in (gulp) Italian! So I wrote back and asked if this was the confirmation for the Accademia. They just sent a duplicate confirmation...

Oh my, I guess I am looking like a dumb American already,but if they didn't add that Mostra Giovanni stuff I wouldn't worry.....

Thanks,

Grits

Just got my confirmation for through the direct Accademia site (14 euros each included ticket and processing fee).

Anyhoo--my confirmation states:

Accademia, Mostra Giovanni de Milano.

I hope that means I can get in to see David, because that is what I really want to see....this should get me in right?

The initial order confirmation came to me in (gulp) Italian! So I wrote back and asked if this was the confirmation for the Accademia. They just sent a duplicate confirmation...

Oh my, I guess I am looking like a dumb American already,but if they didn't add that Mostra Giovanni stuff I wouldn't worry.....

Thanks,

Grits

Yes -- what you have is a confirmation for the Accademia, including the special exhibit on Giovanni da Milano.

If you look at this link (on the right, under "Comments", there is some info on this special exhibit:

http://selectitaly.com/museums.php?product_id=24

Archived