AirTran changed my flights - HELP!

littleone9699

:eek: Just got an email from AirTran saying my flight schedule had changed. My return flight is just 15 minutes earlier, not a big deal, but our flight down to Orlando has us arriving at 4:30 p.m. instead of 10:30 a.m.!!!! We were planning on hitting the Kennedy Space Center that day, so we wanted to get in as early as possible! What are my options, or do I have any?? I looked on the AirTran website and there are no early non-stop flights (our original flight was non-stop), just afternoon ones. There are some one-stop flights though . . . I wanted to see what other people had experience before I called the airlines. Didn't know if I could cancel it all together (assumming I could find comparable flights elsewhere) or I have to change my Orlando plans. Thanks in advance for your advice!!!!

Kathy (aka littleone9699)

My flight to FLL has changed also to arriving at 8:30 pm instead of 5 pm. We are flying in a day early. The lady who I talked to said they will be changing flight again in the fall so keep checking.

Pam

Since AirTran made such a drastic change, you can ask to be moved to a different flight at no charge to you or get a full refund. Before you ask for a full refund though (if that's what you opt for), make sure you can get roundtrip flights at a price and time you can live with. Otherwise I would ask to be changed to one of the non-stop flights.

All airlines are making major schedule changes, so it is best if everyone monitors their flight schedules and do not assume you will be notified.

Air tran changed mine and I got no notification. I didnt like what they gave me so I called and was changed to one I could live with. I am sure it will change a couple more times before I fly, so I will just check myself and make a call every time I am not happy with the change. There is no charge when they change the flights.

How about arriving the day before? That would be my choice since you could stay in an inexpensive motel around Orlando and then have the whole next day to sight see. Also, is there any flexibility with your airports? We fly out of Dayton or Indianapolis to Florida and by switching to Indy (we live near Dayton) we are able to save so much money and have more airports in Florida to choose from with nonstops.

We fly Airtran a lot and the flights always seem to change their times. But this is very common with all carriers right now.

We are very hesitant to get connecting flights as they always seem to go through Atlanta. I would not mind the connecting flight on the way home, but when flying down, I would be concerned about flight delays because of weather and making the connection. Also, luggage concerns are greater with a connecting flight.

Your flights may also change again before your departure date so keep a very close eye on them. I check my Airtran account at least 3 times a week. Recently, they totally dropped one of my flights and switched it to a connecting. I researched all my options, called them and told them which flight I wanted to be switched to. Not a problem at all and I even kept the same seat assignments. The new flight was over twice the cost of the old one too.

Be glad that you received an email, because I did not.:)

Good luck!

Also, is there any flexibility with your airports?

Thanks so much for that suggestion TwinCruiserMom!! We were flying out of Detroit, but we could get a non-stop flight (both ways) out of Dayton. (We live about 1 1/2 from each airport, so it is totally do-able!). I'll have to wait to call until later this afternoon, but I'm hoping that will be an option!!! Keeping my fingers crossed - and thanks for all the advice!!

Kathy

You have lots of options if you look. Along with DTW and DAY, think about IND, TOL, FNT, and CMH. (Indianapolis, Toledo, Flint and Columbus). CVG would be unlikely to have deals, as a DL fortress. If need be, look to SDF or LEX (Louisville or Lexington) in Kentucky.

I posted a similar problem a few minutes ago. When I called, they changed to whatever I wanted. I changed my departure airport. Look at the schedules for all possible flights before you call. I had the whole thing up on my computer screen and I said no to flights that were too early or too late. My flight was also changed from a nonstop to a one stop.

Hi, you have a lot of options actually.

Since they changed the time so drastically you can get a full

refund if you want.

I recently booked a flight on Continental. They changed my

flight and gave me a whopping 7 minute connection time:eek:

No way I would make it. They had nothing else I was happy

with so they issued me a full refund (without penalty).

I was able to book a flight on Southwest with much better timing:)

and it was within 13.00 bucks of the first flight! I am

very happy:D

Good luck with everything.

Archived