Ultimate Balcony Breakfast

ST MARTIN GAL

My DH and I will be on the Coral in September going thru the Panama Canal for a full transit. Thought it would be nice to have the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast while going thru the Canal. What would be the best time to have it delivered? We don't want to miss any of the locks. DH will be for sure in front of the ship when we are still out to sea so he can experience it all. But then I take it we will be traveling thru at a slow pace during the day. So maybe after the first set of locks? Just thought I would ask for those who have done this before and have ideas. Thanks;)

Thanks Cruiseryyc for the response. I would also probable stay on our Balcony the whole day but DH is a picture, video nut (in a good way) and will be all over that ship getting the perfect picture of various things. I click the camera and move on, he studies and waits and then clicks. So was trying to figure out a time frame where he would be comfortable just watching the land go by and eat a fantastic intimate breakfast with his DW of 40 years.

My DH and I will be on the Coral in September going thru the Panama Canal for a full transit. Thought it would be nice to have the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast while going thru the Canal. What would be the best time to have it delivered? We don't want to miss any of the locks. DH will be for sure in front of the ship when we are still out to sea so he can experience it all. But then I take it we will be traveling thru at a slow pace during the day. So maybe after the first set of locks? Just thought I would ask for those who have done this before and have ideas. Thanks;)

We went through a couple years ago, although not on Princess:eek: Our ship started to pass through around 6 am. I think each ship is given a certain time and then it depends on the "traffic" and hold ups on both sides of the locks. The lock "pilots" boarded around 4:30 am. Hope this helps a bit

Yes, your ships timing could be different than others. I would book it for a later breakfast like 9:30 or 10 a.m. You can also ask for bacon if you like. We enjoyed it for my birthday which was a day at sea while sailing the Aegan Sea. It was a little breezy on the balcony but I did enjoy this treat very much.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Chesie thanks for your help. All information is greatly appreciated. I know given all the facts I'll pick the perfect time for the breakfast. Wait until my DH finds out he may be out there at 4:00 am. It will be worth it... It will be an early night before for us.

He is going to have such fun at the front of the ship as it approaches the first set of locks. I never guessed that two guys in a row boat would cross in front of the ship to get the ropes so we could be tied to the electric mules. It was one of the most surprising things I have ever seen. I thought we would probably squish them but they do that several times every day.

Katisdale thanks for the encouragement!

I know one thing I'm glad of is the digital cameras now days. We vacation and come home with 1200 pictures on a normal trip. I am pretty sure he will top that number on this cruise. Then he puts them on my computer so I can look all I want. I hope I can remember all the details like all the people who do reviews on this CC.

Balcony Breakfast is only offered on Friday. The menu is very strange.

I dont care for smoked salmon with my breakfast. The rest of the week is cold foods. Like cereal, fruit, pastery,juice milk coffee

Huh? Not true about Friday's only. Don't know where you got tis form.

Hi St. Martin Gal

I have a suggestion. When we were on the Coral for a partial transit we ordered off the regular room service menu - HOWEVER - I noticed that many people ordered a regular breakfast because I saw all the trays being delivered!! Since your husband will be so excited to take pictures, he many not get the full enjoyment and attention for the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. How about ordering the UBB another day when you both can relax and celebrate your 40 years together! Just order a regular hearty breakfast on that day.

This way he can have all the time he needs to take pictures.

We loved the partial transit and found it facinating. Have a wonderful cruise:)

Thanks for all your replys regarding the Balcony Breakfast:D You all have great ideas. So far like the having a normal breakfast delivered on the Canal day and doing the special one when DH can really stop and enjoy it. We are going to be celebrating our 40th Anniversary on the cruise on a specific day maybe will plan it for then? Can you only order on Canal day or any day during the cruise:confused: . Thanks for clearing up the only on Friday issue.

I forgot to add that people wrote on their room service card what they wanted for breakfast on Canal day because the regular menu is a bit limited. We had fresh oranges - very yum - and pastries. I saw omelets, smoked salmon and other goodies being delivered because we were up VERY early to catch the approach to the canal.

Your husband will probably come back with more than 1200 pictures this time!! We really loved the Coral. Happy Anniversary to you both. :D

A couple of years ago we had a full transit on the Coral from LA--DH was out in the dark and upstairs--the ones out side of the HC--right at the front of the ship--I later went up there--hotter the heck---we breakfast --had our balcony--later in the morning--he then stayed at the room on the balcony--100 degrees and about the same in humidity--it was a real fun thimng to do--we were so closed to the side on the Dolphin deck--within a foot--could have touched it--didn't--there are folks on the grass from the ship taking your pictures on your balcony--what a fright--once when going through the cabin I was shocked to see my hair--so curly could hardly get out the door--it's a great day

Enjoy

Nancy

:) We agree with the suggestion to have the UBB on a day not transiting the canal. We were up and taking photos very early that morning, and veiwing the transit from various locations on the ship during the entire day. We had the UBB on the morning prior to the canal, and found the experience to be very relaxing and delicious. Have a great cruise!!

WE were lucky enough to have two UBB's when we did our full transit in April. One is certainly enough; we chose one on a sea day, the other of course during the transit. It was a mistake to do it during the transit; DW is the photo person in our family. She had us both up at 4:30 am to get to the front of the ship. Believe it or not we we're not the first ones there!!!

You will find several ships at anchor outside the entrance to the canal( really I swear almost fifty).

There was not enough time to enjoy the breakfast,she was all over the ship taking pictures. Staff said this is their most hectic day, with meals often being up to a half hour late. Do it during a sea day.

If you're having a special occasion consider having an UBD instead. Its awesume but costs fifty(50) dollars each plus tip.

By the way you can alter the menu for the UBB, its not written in stoneWayne

Thank you for all your help in regards to the UBB. I think that I have decided to go with another day (maybe the day we are celebrating our Anniversary) for the UBB instead of the Canal Day. DH will enjoy it more if he can relax and enjoy it. Has anyone done it on a sea day and is it too windy to enjoy on the balcony? We have a Baja mid ship cabin. I have set up a couples massage on that day for 10:00 am so thinking maybe around 8:30 am. What do you think?

To be honest we eat almost every breakfast on our balcony. We go to the buffet, fill our plate, top it with another plate and go back to our balcony for a little private time with a view breakfast. We order juice, coffee and danish from room service. Even on port days we enjoy watching us sail in and dock while having breakfast on the balcony. The only day we have breakfast in the dining room is on disembarktion day. We are never in a hurry to leave!

Wind has never been an issue. I don't know what deck you are on but we have had a Baja balcony and an Emerald mini.

The UBB was very nice. It was a gift from our TA. I would of never ordered it on our own but now we really know how great it was. I loved the bagels with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers. Yum!!!

Thanks Whimsy, we have never had a balcony before so my experience is limited in regards to the wind. I know it can get windy on the top sunning deck, just didn't know if it was an issue for a balcony.

If the weather is going to be a problem that day, you can always eat inside. One time we had the balcony breakfast with no balcony. Nancy

Well that would solve any issues with weather. I like the idea of having breakfast with just the two of us once in a while. We really like being together and starting the day off on our own balcony with breakfast sounds wonderful.

Archived