Majesty 1st timer ???????

My son and his fiancee will be on the Majesty in early September for their honeymoon. They had a few questions we're hoping CC experts can answer for them.

1. What time should they arrive at the port? They will be flying in the evening before and staying at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami.

2. Do you know if there are safes in a Category I room? They will be on Deck 8 with a partially obstructed oceanview room.

3. Any suggestions on what they can do between disembarkation and their 2:15 p.m. flight out of MIA? Their flight must be after 3 p.m. for them to be able to take RCCL's Everglades Tour.

4. Would anyone have any recent Compasses for the Majesty's 4-night cruise that they could email them?

Thanks for your help!

Donna

My son and his fiancee will be on the Majesty in early September for their honeymoon. They had a few questions we're hoping CC experts can answer for them.

1. What time should they arrive at the port? They will be flying in the evening before and staying at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami.

We like to get on board early and have lunch. Knowing that you risk waiting if there is a delay, we still get to port about 10:30. I believe we were on board between 11:30-12.

2. Do you know if there are safes in a Category I room? They will be on Deck 8 with a partially obstructed oceanview room.

I believe there are safes in all cabins on Majesty. We certainly had one on deck 5 in an Oceanview.

3. Any suggestions on what they can do between disembarkation and their 2:15 p.m. flight out of MIA? Their flight must be after 3 p.m. for them to be able to take RCCL's Everglades Tour.

If they offer it still, we have taken a tour that did Miami and South Beach highlights. It was both boat and bus. I think that one might be a little quicker than the Everglades, which we did last year with Majesty.

4. Would anyone have any recent Compasses for the Majesty's 4-night cruise that they could email them?

Our Compasses might seem a little out of date. They're a year old.

Thanks for your help!

Donna

I'll embed some responses above in your questions, at least for my take. We were on board almost exactly this time last year. Hope you have a great time.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't see that post cruise excursion as an option. Do you think they could check when they are onboard?

Unfortunately, I'm not going. It's my son and his bride on their honeymoon. I do have a Disney cruise planned for next March though!

Donna

We were just on the Majesty, but the 3 day. There will be a safe in their room, we were on deck 3 with a porthole and had a safe.

They can probably board the ship around 11:30 or noontime- when we got off at 10:15 they were not yet letting people on, but there was a line forming.

You are right about the excursion in Miami- their flight is too early to be able to take any of RCCL's.... but they might be able to rent a car and see South Beach or some of the popular Miami sights, or have an early lunch? I say rent a car because otherwise I don't know what they would do with their luggage. I know some people rent a room in Miami, but it would not be worth it for a couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, mommy1!

Were you able to stay onboard until 10:15? If so, by the time they get a taxi to the airport, they would probably only be at the aiport for about 3 1/2 hours before their flight. They would have time for a sitdown lunch or some shopping at the airport. I'm guessing that the Miami airport has some neat shops/restaurants.

Does the Majesty offer the valet luggage where they can check their bags on the ship for their flight home? If so, they could do a little sightseeing before heading to the airport.

Donna

I was on the October sailing of the Majesty and I stayed at the same Holiday Inn. I would suggest leaving the hotel at around 11:15, take a taxi for about a 2-3 minute ride, and by the time you arrive and unload your bags, it will be 11:30. We did this and only had to wait about 4 minutes after checking in and then they were boarding the boat!

Even tho you can board the ship around 11 or so, your cabin is usually not ready til around 1:00 the Windjammer is open for lunch when you are able to board.

The Majesty is a beautiful ship, I am sure they will have a wonderful cruise!!

Thanks, mommy1!

Were you able to stay onboard until 10:15? If so, by the time they get a taxi to the airport, they would probably only be at the aiport for about 3 1/2 hours before their flight. They would have time for a sitdown lunch or some shopping at the airport. I'm guessing that the Miami airport has some neat shops/restaurants.

Does the Majesty offer the valet luggage where they can check their bags on the ship for their flight home? If so, they could do a little sightseeing before heading to the airport.

Donna

I have been asking the question about valet service on this cruise and have not gotten any responses. We have done it on a 7 nighter and loved it. Which sailing in September are they taking? We are leaving on the 1st.

I forgot about the section on RCCL's site about luggage valet.

Q: What ships are offering the service?

A: We are currently working on having this program available on all ships. Currently, the program is offered on sailings 7 nights and longer departing from the following ports:

Ft. Lauderdale

Los Angeles

Miami

Port Canaveral

San Juan

Seattle

Vancouver

Being that most of the questions have been answered for you these is not much left for us late comers :p My 1st cruise was on MOS and we loved it and I am sure that with all this info your son and his wife(by the time they embark that is) will have great time...

Not to hijack the thread but gosaints, where did you get those past/future cruise clocks?? love them??

I have been asking the question about valet service on this cruise and have not gotten any responses. We have done it on a 7 nighter and loved it. Which sailing in September are they taking? We are leaving on the 1st.

That is the cruise they are on!!!!

Thanks everyone for all of your replies! I really appreciate it and I know they do too.

It's too bad they don't offer the valet luggage service on the Majesty yet. I guess I will tell them to just take their time getting off the ship before catching a taxi back to MIA. Does MIA have a lot of shops to look around in?

Thanks again!

Donna

Yes, there are some shops at MIA--is it possible to get an earlier flight?? There's nothing worse than trying to kill time--especially when it's THAT much time! They will likely be at the airport before 9am.

The ship wants EVERYONE off by 10 am latest!

Archived