Is it possible to find out in advance who the entertainment will be on your sailing?

DonnaK

Someone posted in another thread that if you send an email to recipes@princesscruises.com with the name of your ship and the dailing date, they will send you the menus for your upcoming cruise.

Is there a similar email address for getting the entertainment schedule for a given cruise? I'd particularly like to know who will be the Captain, CD and whether or not Sarge will be performing on our cruise.

(We usually sail RCI, and upon request, they will email the names of the entertainment for every venue on your sailing.)

Someone posted in another thread that if you send an email to recipes@princesscruises.com with the name of your ship and the dailing date, they will send you the menus for your upcoming cruise.

Is there a similar email address for getting the entertainment schedule for a given cruise? I'd particularly like to know who will be the Captain, CD and whether or not Sarge will be performing on our cruise.

(We usually sail RCI, and upon request, they will email the names of the entertainment for every venue on your sailing.)

First time that I heard of Princess sending you menus before your cruise.

First time that I heard of Princess sending you menus before your cruise.

Yep, never heard of getting the menus before your cruise either. And not sure if I would even want them. Kind of takes out the surprise factor as to whats for dinner. ;)

I think the entertainment on RCI is a bit different then Princess as RCI tends to get the 'old timers' that you have heard of, that are long past their prime, on their ships. Princess has a few guest entertainers, but I have to admit, I have never heard of even one before we saw their show.

This may be a misinterpretation of a previous post, I know you can get recipes from a cruise you WERE on if you really enjoyed a particular dish if you send in the voyage number etc, but upcoming menus, never heard of that either.

can you imagine if they started posting menu's from a cruise that has not yet sailed and then peole got upset because they were changed...they would need to put a disclaimer in the passage contract with all the complaints they would receive! EEESH!

Is there a similar email address for getting the entertainment schedule for a given cruise? I'd particularly like to know who will be the Captain, CD and whether or not Sarge will be performing on our cruise. quote]

Based on information that I read on CC, I requested menus for the Emerald Princess prior to our February, 2008 cruise. Didn't work - I never received a reply.

That said, I was able to get information about the sequence of menus from folks on cruises a couple of weeks before ours. You might want to ask about menus and entertainment options on roll calls of the cruises that precede yours or on "live from" threads of same.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I did not misunderstand the post I read about getting the menus in advance....

I can't really ask someone on a previous cruise about the manus/entertainment because we are taking the first cruise on a new itinerary, which will be 7 days when the previous cruises were 9 days.

I believe that one of the Live From threads from the current CB cruise said that Sarge was finished as of this cruise, and won't be back aboard any ship until the Ruby inaugeral.

I know this wasn't your question but I wanted to say something about sending an email for your ship's menu. I had read that if you send an email 10 days before sailing that you would be sent the information. I sent 3 different emails last year before our cruise and never heard anything back.

You can try calling this # 661-753-2403..... it's Princess entertainment department. They may be able to give you the info you want if it's close enough to the sailing date.

anyway....isn't a cruise more of an adventure thing? I always go and live with whatever I get, if the dinner menu is too rich or if it is seafood which I donot care for I am more than happy with a sandwich.....As far as I'm concerned go to the dining room or go to the specialty resautrants, but if you plan the whole thing out ahead of time, you may miss something more fun than food.

anyway....isn't a cruise more of an adventure thing? I always go and live with whatever I get, if the dinner menu is too rich or if it is seafood which I donot care for I am more than happy with a sandwich.....As far as I'm concerned go to the dining room or go to the specialty resautrants, but if you plan the whole thing out ahead of time, you may miss something more fun than food.

Maybe we want to look at the menus so we have something to look forward to in anticipation of the cruise. After all, the planning beforehand might be half of the fun for us. Or maybe someone in our family has food allergies or restrictions, and it would be beneficial to have the menus in advance. You don't know why things that seem frivilous to you are very important to other people.

I believe that one of the Live From threads from the current CB cruise said that Sarge was finished as of this cruise, and won't be back aboard any ship until the Ruby inaugeral.

Thank you!

Last year we e-mailed Princess and received menus for our Hawaiian Cruise. Its possible that has changed now. I e-mailed about our upcoming Asian Cruise menus and have had no response as of yet.

Maybe we want to look at the menus so we have something to look forward to in anticipation of the cruise. After all, the planning beforehand might be half of the fun for us. Or maybe someone in our family has food allergies or restrictions, and it would be beneficial to have the menus in advance. You don't know why things that seem frivilous to you are very important to other people.

I agree with this completely. While I'm trying to eat more healthfully, I frequently look at online restaurant menus before we go out, and decide what i'm going to have so I don't even have to open the menu-- and be tempted to indulge in something I'll regret later :p

I did try that email addy for the menus -- just in case. Haven't received any response yet. If I don't get them, its ok, but thought it might be worth a shot.

I tried to get menus for our Panama Canal cruise last year, and received an email back from Princess stating that they do not send these out. Have never tried to check on entertainment in advance, but we're fans of Sammy Goldberg so we have his website bookmarked and he lists his upcoming cruise schedule.

I agree, I like some surprises now and then. ;)

I can see how it could be bennificial sp? I would love to know which nights would be best for the alternative restaraunts! We are bringing family with us this time, and have always wanted to try Sabatini's, but don't want to miss out on other options, and most of the time we're busy doing other things and forget to stop by and look at the menu's before that evening. It would be nice to know ahead of time to set a game plan, so that when we board the ship, we can make reservations. I wish it was an option, or something princess automatically sends or e-mails you, maybe with your boarding passes :D

As far as planning ahead due to food allergies, the prudent thing to do is to mark the booking under dining request with "food allergy", at that point you will be advised by your ta to state the allergies and the ta will forward a request to princess so that they can accommodate you. The head waiter in the dining room will meet with you each evenng to discuss the ingredients of the next evening's menu so that you will be safe and can choose something so that you will not become ill. That way you are not guessing as to ingredients .

Archived