B2B booked separately

I booked half of a b2b last night from RCL's website. Because on the other half I was going to use a next cruise I called today to book the second half.

I told the agent at the beginning that it was going to be a b2b and I had already booked half. He said that was fine and we booked the next cruise. At the end of the conversation I asked if they were linked as a b2b. After giving him the reservation # he tried linking it and said he couldn't because one was booked online and the other through him. He told me he would put a note on the reservation that we were on a b2b but that was all he could do.

Does anyone know how I can make sure they get it linked?

I would call back and get a different agent - just to see if someone else knows how - there should be a way to link. I have linked reservations made by 2 different methods before for a family cruise.

I just had a similar situation. I booked a cruise thru a TA. This past Saturday I saw on Royal's website that the cruise following mine had a good price and my cabin was still available. So I reserved it with a 24 hold, called Royal, and told them I wanted to book the second cruise as a B2B with my existing cruise. After a long wait for the B2B desk, I was told that I could not book the second cruise as a B2B because the first was booked thru a TA and the TA would have to book the second. I'm also within the 60 day period so I could not book and transfer to TA since final payment would be due at booking. So the agent suggested I just book it and tell guest relations that I'm on a B2B. The agent also said I might have to pack up, get off the ship, and go thru check-in again. Well, to me, the whole point of having B2B, is not packing / unpacking, check-in, etc. So I declined to book and figured I'd just hold the room until today when I could get hold of my TA. I emailed my TA on Saturday and explained the situation. She got the email and contacted Royal on Saturday and arranged the B2B. I have a great TA.

Anyhow, like the OP, I tried to use a Next Cruise I had to book the second part of the B2B. Apparently, a Next Cruise certificate has "ownership" just like a booking. When I bought the Next Cruise, the Loyalty Ambassador asked if I wanted it assigned to a TA. I said no because I thought that would give me more flexibility in using the NC. So when I tried to use the NC for the second part of the B2B, I was told I had to transfer the NC to the TA in order for her to use it. I was the "owner" of the NC, not the TA. Since a transfer of the NC to the TA would take a FAX to Royal and several days and I didn't want to lose the cabin, I gave up on using the NC for this booking. I never knew that a NC certificate had "ownership".

As far as the OP's original question, I'd call Royal customer service and ask for the Back to Back desk. They should be able to confirm your status.

I just got off the phone with RCL. The vacation planner said he could help me with a b2b problem. When I told him what it was he transfered me to someone else. Presto, in less than a minute she had them linked. She did say he couldn't do it, but she could with some manuevering. We are all set now. Thank you

We have booked a back to back last year. We booked the first cruise and a few months later booked the second leg as it was a good price. We never discussed anything regarding linking. Somehow they automatically knew and no problem. We let them know also when we boarded. You would not have to pack and leave the ship.

We have booked a back to back last year. We booked the first cruise and a few months later booked the second leg as it was a good price. We never discussed anything regarding linking. Somehow they automatically knew and no problem. We let them know also when we boarded. You would not have to pack and leave the ship.

Well, that just goes to show you how much you can learn on this board.

What ship were you on and did you do anything special during the turnover?

Archived