Airfare from Detroit or Chicago to San Juan

jschafer6161

There are many resources that can track airfares for specific markets, so I don't believe this is a place for someone else to be doing your research. Also, someone else getting a particular fare has little bearing on its availability for your own particular time frame (which looks to be 2 full months).

Try the farewatchers features on Travelocity, Expedia and Yapta to name a few.

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't asking anybody to research for me. I do the research tips you listed every day. All I was asking is that if someone was making their own reservations and saw a good deal, if they'd post. My exact dates are 2/28 return 3/8, not two full months. I didn't put the exact dates because I didn't want it to sound like I was asking people to search for me. Sorry I offended you.

All I was asking is that if someone was making their own reservations and saw a good deal, if they'd post.
But this doesn't deal with FlyerTalker's point. Someone else's good deal probably means nothing to you.

And if everyone who was looking for air travel (probably at least two-thirds of CC members going on a cruise) posted a thread like yours, we'd probably need a complete forum just to deal with the "Did you get a good fare on XXX-YYY route in month ZZZ?" threads.

There are many resources that can track airfares for specific markets, so I don't believe this is a place for someone else to be doing your research. Also, someone else getting a particular fare has little bearing on its availability for your own particular time frame (which looks to be 2 full months).

Try the farewatchers features on Travelocity, Expedia and Yapta to name a few.

FlyerTalker>>You seem to like to tick people off in here for one reason or another. A simple question was asked and your answer didn't surprise me. I have seen people in here reprimanded for doing what you are doing and you keep going and going and going and going.

I'm looking for good rates from Detroit or Chicago to San Juan in February/March. If anyone sees any, would they please post a reply to my thread? Thanks so much.

Just doing a quick farecompare.com search for the dates you listed, you can fly ORD-IAH-SJU on continental for $309 including tax. Although that perticular return time is 6AM, which if you're coming off the day of the cruise isn't going to work.

Prices from Detroit started at about $380.

• 1 year later...
I'm looking for good rates from Detroit or Chicago to San Juan in February/March. If anyone sees any, would they please post a reply to my thread? Thanks so much.

Hi There

Sorry you got such a hard time from some of the posters.

As to your question. I just booked flights from Detroit to San Juan for $168 each for Jan 16 to 25th for a cruise. To get this deal we had to stay overnight on the Sunday we get off the cruise but the savings were worth it.

I put in my days at farecompare and was alerted to a deal, checked it out, had to play with the date by that one day and booked it. Three hours later the price was back up to $388 each for the same flight. It was with American so I was able to put a 24 hr hold on the flights and then decide a couple of hours later. Good thing I put the hold, because, as i said, the flights went up.

I also cruise sidestep. com religiously. Twice now I have caught fares saving us hundreds that were only available for a few hours. Since you have time, I would just keep checking daily. There are flights on sidestep right now for $329 direct on nwa and $237 with a connection. Check it out and good luck.

The fact still remains: Whatever price someone else gets is no guarantee for your own specific needs. Using the usual "tools", (kayak, ITA, airline sites) is your best approach, with personal flexibility being key.

Finally, just remember that sometimes it's just expensive to get from A to B.

If you're willing to drive to Chicago, also consider Grand Rapids in Michigan. We bought tickets from there to San Juan for next January for 310.00 and felt that was a pretty good deal. It would be a lot more pleasant driving to Grand Rapids than to Chicago (and I think closer), and it's a nice smaller airport to navigate and fly out of.:)

Archived