Spa

Summergee

I'm sorry nobody answered your question. I don't have first hand knowledge of the spa area aboard QM2 but from what I read here on the boards + what I've seen in spa on land, you will usually find most of the following:

- Very relaxing atmosphere where people are asked to remain silent or to whisper if they have to say something.

- Thalassotherapy pool (pool with jet currents) and/or hot tubs

- Sauna room(s)

- Steam room(s)

- Special showers such as massage showers or tropical showers

- Extra comfy loungers (paded)

Neither my husband nor myself have ever been to a spa. Could someone please tell us exactly what we get with a day (or longer) spa passport that we can't get elswhere on the ship?

Thanks

You didn't say which ship you will be on. I have been to the spa on QM2 several times - I do not know anything about the QE2 or Victoria though. It is run by the Canyon Ranch - which has a great reputation here in the US. I have always enjoyed it - very relaxing. The staff are all very nice. A spa club passport for 1 day is $35.00 includes whirlpool steam room and several sauna's - pool - ice fountain etc. etc. The showers are much better than the cabin ones. The spa will supply gowns and slippers also hairdryers and products. If you buy a treatment such as a massage or facial then the use of spa is included at no additional cost. They run lots of specials that are announced in the daily program each day - usually on port day's. The classic facial in January was $135.00 for 50 minutes a basic massage for 50 minutes was $125.00 - less than $100.00 on a special - gratuity is included.

I'm sorry nobody answered your question. I don't have first hand knowledge of the spa area aboard QM2 but from what I read here on the boards + what I've seen in spa on land, you will usually find most of the following:

- Very relaxing atmosphere where people are asked to remain silent or to whisper if they have to say something.

- Thalassotherapy pool (pool with jet currents) and/or hot tubs

- Sauna room(s)

- Steam room(s)

- Special showers such as massage showers or tropical showers

- Extra comfy loungers (paded)

You can talk in the spa, we have met some lovely people & had great conversations & laughs with them. It is a lovely, relaxing atmosphere:)

You can talk in the spa, we have met some lovely people & had great conversations & laughs with them. It is a lovely, relaxing atmosphere:)

Thank you for the clarification. As I said, I was only refering to my experience on land.

In my opinion, the spa on the QM2 is the most relaxing place on the ship. I'm not sure how long your voyage will be, but if you are going to have quite a few days on the ship where you wish to enjoy the spa, speak with the manager early in the cruise and ask for a discounted spa pass for the whole voyage. As others have pointed out, if you book a spa service, you can use the relaxation area for the entire day at no additional charge. If you plan to book several spa services, you might not need the spa pass. Have a wonderful time on the QM2.

Beth

Archived