Current Dress Code and Formal Night

Mark

Trock,

I just got off the Destiny, and every day I saw the same man wearing a "kilt". It may have been the same kilt; I don't know. Anyway, you would have changed your mind about kilts.

Others,

The dress code seems to be non-existent on the Destiny whether cruise casual or cruise elegant nights. I was so overdressed compared to the majority of the early diners. I would estimate that about 10% dressed up. I saw a T-shirt with "Jesus" on it, Hawaiian shirts, flip flops, short shorts, etc. One young girl (18-20) wore cut-offs rolled up as high as they could possibly go AND wore platform heels! I guess she thought she dressed the cut-offs up with the heels...I thought she looked like one of those hookers you see in movies! My opinion, sorry.

One man wore flip flops and Hawaiian shirts every night including the elegant nights. He was in his 50s so it is not like he was a teenager not knowing how to dress.

I was sad to see people not dressing up on my first cruise. Some didn't look like they had even washed their hair or showered before coming to dinner. Maybe the late dinner seating was better.

The worst "offense", if you want to call it that, was a 30 something woman wearing a white thong bikini in the hallways with a sheer cover-up. I don't know why she bothered with the cover-up. She wore it off the boat and into town. When you are behind her walking the same way, you can't help but see her butt! My husband pretended not to see! Smart man!! :D

I saw only 3-5 men with tuxedos and about 20-30 with suits or sport coats on. Most just wore khakis with a polo shirt for elegant night. I guess I can understand packing light with the airlines charging for luggage.

:confused:

Why would you put Jesus in quotes? I am sure quite a few passengers could have benefited from a little Jesus reminder;)

I put Jesus in quotation marks because I didn't want to say a picture of Jesus on his T-shirt.....too disrespectful to have a picture of Jesus on a T-shirt...IMO. I used the quotation marks to show it was a word. Didn't mean anything against Jesus. Just wanted to point out that he had a T-shirt on in the dining room.....I would have done the same thing if he would have had "Rolling Stones" (words) written on the T-shirt. Sorry if I offended anyone.:o

No offense. I thought it was a picture of Jesus on a T-shirt and not the word. In the words of my DD "my bad." In quotes;) Maybe a message did hit home, in fact we are talking about it. Might just do some good for my soul.

I also just got off the Southbound Spirit from Alaska. I would agree the vast majority of people were dressed up for "Cruise Elegant" nights. Slightly less for the 2nd night. And I didn't see any Tuxedos. Note that the the super club, everyone I saw was wearing coat and tie, except for a ship's office that had taken his coat off...

How's this?

"What was he wearing? Well, uh, let's see, he was wearing a red argyle sweater, and tan trousers, and red shoes... No, he's not retarded."

What movie is this from? Sorry, made me laugh.

lol Sixteen Candles was my favourite movie as a teen

Archived