Nextcruise

Hope someone can clarify. I just book a 5 night Enchantment OTS for next June...(2) cabins using (2) NEXTCRUISE certificates. I was under the impression that the fuel supplement went by the issue date of the NEXTCRUISE reservation which was in Jan and therefore $5 PP per day. However the Royal Caribbean res agent asked and was told that the fuel supplement is charges as of the date you make the NEXTCRUISE and actual reservation. Now at $10 pp per day. Does anyone know if this information is correct, or should I talk to C&A folks.

Thanks

Hope someone can clarify. I just book a 5 night Enchantment OTS for next June...(2) cabins using (2) NEXTCRUISE certificates. I was under the impression that the fuel supplement went by the issue date of the NEXTCRUISE reservation which was in Jan and therefore $5 PP per day. However the Royal Caribbean res agent asked and was told that the fuel supplement is charges as of the date you make the NEXTCRUISE and actual reservation. Now at $10 pp per day. Does anyone know if this information is correct, or should I talk to C&A folks.

Thanks

People have reported both outcomes.

I suspect that RC has decided that they would rather grab the extra $$$$$ for the higher fuel surcharge than worry about pissing off a few people about their NC certificates. They rationalize that you haven't "booked a cruise" until you book an actual cruise.

Check out the careful wording on the invoice of a cruise that I booked last week:

"For individual bookings for which you provide us both full names and full deposit on or after 06/30/08, a fuel supplement of USD/CAD $10 per person, per day for the first two

occupants in a stateroom (subject to a maximum of $140 per person) will apply. For any additional guests in th stateroom, a fuel supplement of USD/CAD of $5 per person, per day for

each additional occupant (subject to a maximum of USD/CAD of $70 per person) will apply."

When you buy a Next Cruise certificate, you do not pay a "full deposit" and you may or may not provide both full names.

But, I have just been thinking this over................

NC costs $100 per person. Did you buy it for $200? Did you give your name AND the name of the person with whom you are cruising on the Enchantment?

A 5 night cruise requires only a $100 per person deposit.

You may be someone who can fight this BASED ON THEIR OWN WORDING.

I wrote the post after talking with the rep...but I just got the e-mail with my confirmations and they are only charging $5 PP per day which is what it was as of the date of the NEXTCRUISE issue... so I guess the computer was smarter than the rep...

Thanks

Archived