Diamond Princess SB dinner schedule

inkmahm

Has anyone cruised the Diamond Princess SB this season? Which nights were the "formal" nights? Was it the day you were in College Fjord and the day you were in Juneau? Do you have the Princess Patters that you could tell me what the other nights' themes were? For example, when we sailed in 2005 we had "Italian" night, "American" night, lobster night, etc.

Any info would be appreciated. I'm trying to guess which night we should try to go to Sabatini's.

On our SB Diamond cruise last week, the formal nights were Sunday (College Fjord) and Wednesday (Juneau). I have my menus and patters but they aren't unpacked from the suitcase yet. As best I can recall, Monday was French (Continental), Tuesday was Italian, Wednesday was the lobster night (which was served with giant prawns and whipped potatoes), Thursday was an Alaskan Seafood dinner (halibut and crab legs were on the menu), Friday was the Landfall dinner. If I can answer any more questions, please feel free to ask. I'll have that suitcase unpacked on Saturday. It has all 7 dinner menus and patters inside. :)

On our SB Diamond cruise last week, the formal nights were Sunday (College Fjord) and Wednesday (Juneau). I have my menus and patters but they aren't unpacked from the suitcase yet. As best I can recall, Monday was French (Continental), Tuesday was Italian, Wednesday was the lobster night (which was served with giant prawns and whipped potatoes), Thursday was an Alaskan Seafood dinner (halibut and crab legs were on the menu), Friday was the Landfall dinner. If I can answer any more questions, please feel free to ask. I'll have that suitcase unpacked on Saturday. It has all 7 dinner menus and patters inside. :)

Thank you! That's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. I'm looking forward to you having your suitcase unpacked. :)

Is there a chance you could post the Princess Patters online? Or I could pay you to copy and mail them to me... I love planning ahead and would like to study them before we get on the ship.

Is there a chance you could post the Princess Patters online? Or I could pay you to copy and mail them to me... I love planning ahead and would like to study them before we get on the ship.

It'll take a me a few days to scan all of the patters, just because we are still playing catch up with our lives. I don't have an easy way to post them online but I could easily email them to you as I scan them if you provide me with your email address. I scanned the first two today. I didn't save any of the advertisement inserts from the patters though.

As for the menu themes from the Vivaldi restaurant, they were:

Saturday-Sailaway Dinner (there was a terrific Iced Pina Colada Cream Soup that evening which tasted like a pineapple Julius-mmmm)

Sunday-Captain's Welcome Dinner

Monday-Continental Dinner

Tuesday-Italian Dinner

Wednesday-Captain's Gala Dinner (Lobster and Beef Wellington offered)

Thursday-Chef's Alaskan Dinner

Friday-Landfall Dinner

We'll also be on the SB Diamond in early Sept., and I'm also very interested in what the dress was like for dinner, especially formal nights. It sounds from other threads that it has relaxed somewhat, and we're also concerned with additional baggage costs. Can you share your experiences? We'd really appreciate it!!

Ah, the dreaded formal nights! Good question on dress code. We did Alaska in 2005 on the Island Princess. We wore nice clothes (a dress for me, but one that I wear to the office, and a suit for DH) but not formal wear. There were women who had lots of sequins and also lots of black dinner dresses. Quite a few men in tuxes, too. I remember the lines being very long to have pictures taken in formal wear. Looking at some of the posted pictures that people could buy, some were very nice! They'd have made great Christmas card pics. :)

What was the dress like at dinner? We've tacked on a week in the interior pre-cruise, and with all the baggage fees, I"m trying to limit the number of bags we bring. I appreciate your help!!!

Oh, I wish I could help on that one but I am really not one to notice what anyone is wearing. I had my back to the dining room. We were situated in a rectangular table with the three guys looking out and the three women facing a wall. My mother practically faced a corner with a wall to her right and front. I had a partition to my left as well, so I couldn't even see the people at the next table if I were even observant.

I really believe dress is what you want to make of it. I brought 2 Max Azaria outfits and one of his dresses and rotated those through 6 nights on dinners (the first dinner was very casual because it was completely open seating and some had boarded the ship and came straight to dinner-lots of jeans and travel wear).

The only other night I can comment on is the first formal night. I was really surprised how dressy everyone was. People milled around the main promenade area for hours and they were dressed very well. Sparkly, long gowns and a few tuxes. It may have been that this was where the picture stations were mostly located, so these were individuals dressed for pictures. I can't say what the actual dining room dress was that night. Packing was an issue for me as well. I really planned on doing slacks and a blazer for my husband on formal night just because I didn't think he'd care and it was more versatile than his suit. At the last minute I decided to pack his suit (which is considerably more bulky and can not be meshed with day wear). I'm really glad I did though, because I really feel he would have felt out of place that night. Even the waiters' outfits changed that evening.

Well, I really didn't answer this question at all, merely rambled. Just enjoy it, the dining was a lot of fun each evening.

What's a "landfall" dinner?

I'm not sure what Landfall means. I asked at dinner that night but didn't get an answer.

The entrees were: Linguine al pesto alla Moda Ligure, Barramundi in a Parsley Crumb Coat, Sea Scallops Mediterranean Fashion, Young Tom Turkey and All the Trimmings, and Texas Prime Rib with Creamed Horseradish.

There was an appetizer that evening, Vol-au-Vent a la Reine, that I really enjoyed. After learning I didn't care much for the sea scallops I ordered or the turkey my husband ordered, I ended up ordering an extra Vol-au-Vent for my dinner.

This also happened to be a sea day, our last dinner, and American Independence Day (4th of July).

On the night you got on the ship with sailaway being 9:30pm did they still do the dinner in the diningrooms? and at your assigned time? when was the muster drill? thanks Karon we sail 8-9-08:)

On the day we boarded the ship, we did have dinner in the dining rooms even though we sailed away after dinner and the muster drill was at 8:30 pm. There weren't any assigned dinner times that night (traditional dining), they treated it as if everyone was on anytime dining. You could eat in vivaldi, international, pacific moon, savoy, or santa fe from 6:00-10:30 pm just by showing up, no reservations required. They did mention in that day's patter the muster drill was at 8:30 pm and asked you to keep that in mind as you made your plans for dinner. We had a leisurely dinner starting at 6 which gave us plenty time to make it back to our rooms for a rest before the muster drill.

i wore dress pants with lsots of tops. but for formal night i went long with black sandels. formal stuff takes up no room but my heavy daytime clothes did.

now i would take less and do laundry.. last time i must have but do not remember.

Thank you I really needed this info for our roll call meet and greet:D karon

On the day we boarded the ship, we did have dinner in the dining rooms even though we sailed away after dinner and the muster drill was at 8:30 pm. There weren't any assigned dinner times that night (traditional dining), they treated it as if everyone was on anytime dining. You could eat in vivaldi, international, pacific moon, savoy, or santa fe from 6:00-10:30 pm just by showing up, no reservations required. They did mention in that day's patter the muster drill was at 8:30 pm and asked you to keep that in mind as you made your plans for dinner. We had a leisurely dinner starting at 6 which gave us plenty time to make it back to our rooms for a rest before the muster drill.

Archived