SUDDENLY, AOS is all Sold Out??

Anyone have this happen to them?

Booked on the AOS sailing for May 6-10, 2009.

I like to keep checking prices to see if I can get a reduced rate.

One minutes there are lots of cabins available, in almost every category, and the next minute - N/A appears on the whole ship!!

I realize I won't be able to get a price reduction at this point but I'm very curious - what would this be? Did a huge company/group come in and buy up the whole ship? I mean, if there's a male models convention aboard that week...who cares about a price reduction, right!

Anyone know the answer to this one??

This is only a 5 night cruise. The AOS has been doing weekly trips forever. And so did the Monarch which preceded her. How do they get back on schedule?

Time to hit the cruising websites and checks the schedules.

If the group booking was a reunion cruise of all the Deal or No Deal models from the 120 international versions of the show, then we would have booked somehow :D :) :D .

At least it's not a Quincieras extravaganza.

Don't know what it is, but I don't think it is a "Q" Cruise. Their first cruise will take place in February, 2009 on a Carnival ship.

First Annual Omega Psi Phi Cruise

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ecstasy

Feb 21 – Feb 26, 2009

so, the cruise is probably a birthday bash like it says and maybe the person is really popular. Sorry.

I am assuming a 30 10th is a 40th Bday party...Jake must be a popular guy!

Right, but who is Jake? If I were you, I'd be on the phone with RCI and try to find out what's going on. For all you know he might be the president of the wild bears. :eek:

Aubie

Thanks to all that could find that Jake guy for me...who ever he is, I have a feeling I'm about to find out!

Seriously doubt that RCL will spill any info. on the group but we did consider call the group TA!

Ironically, I'm sailing with 10 sorority sisters who like a good party. I hope this is a match made in heaven and not HELL!!

PS> I'm pretty sure its not the Omega group either. If I ever need a private investigator I'm calling you guys!!! YOU ROCK!!!

I just had a horrible thought, isn't that about the time of year the Rosie likes to take her "family" cruises??:eek:

EEEEK!!!!

Yes, what a "horrible thought" !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

These guys are called Q-Dogs and I've heard that they throw pretty good parties! :D My youngest brother is an Omega.

Yes' date=' but I heard that Phi Beta Sigma throws the BEST parties around!! When is their reunion cruise? All of you should sign up for it!!! :D :D :D

I just had a horrible thought, isn't that about the time of year the Rosie likes to take her "family" cruises??:eek:

EEEEK!!!!

The stampeed at the windjammer could be dangerous! HaHaHa:D

Aubie

She sails NCL though doesn't she? They book the entire ship anyway...:)

EEEEK!!!!

The stampeed at the windjammer could be dangerous! HaHaHa:D

Aubie

I think cruising with Rosie would be better than cruising with the alternative..... ANYWAY YES SHE BOOKS/BOOKED WITH NCL.

:p :p :cool:

OK....I called the travel agent of the group cruises...because I was just so darned curious! He said Jake is just a regular guy and his friends and family wanted to celebrate in style. The group only booked 15 rooms! So...does not really solve the mystery at this point....hmmm....gotta keep searching...hehe I LOVE research projects!

OK....I called the travel agent of the group cruises...because I was just so darned curious! He said Jake is just a regular guy and his friends and family wanted to celebrate in style. The group only booked 15 rooms! So...does not really solve the mystery at this point....hmmm....gotta keep searching...hehe I LOVE research projects!

LOL! I love that you called the TA!

Well I guess it's not Jake then. :D

Anyone have this happen to them?

Booked on the AOS sailing for May 6-10, 2009.

I like to keep checking prices to see if I can get a reduced rate.

One minutes there are lots of cabins available, in almost every category, and the next minute - N/A appears on the whole ship!!

I realize I won't be able to get a price reduction at this point but I'm very curious - what would this be? Did a huge company/group come in and buy up the whole ship? I mean, if there's a male models convention aboard that week...who cares about a price reduction, right!

Anyone know the answer to this one??

I am curious, you stated that you were able to find out the entire ship was booked, how did you do that? I too would like to check on my cruise to be certain I don't run into any issues.......:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm laughing....I called the TA too!!! I can't say on this forum what "my story" was but I think the TA felt sorry for me as he thought my husband was gay and as his wife I had no idea his sexual preference. Enough said! LOL

I found out the same thing, this group isn't big enough to block out the rest of the ship. But thanks for trying.

I knew the cruise was sold out by going back on RCL's web site and pulling up the cruise, as if I was going to book a cabin. (My intention was to watch the cabin rates for any price reductions.) Only now, all the cabin categories read N/A. And it happened over night so someone out there has a big ol' group going on the 4 night cruise on Adventure of the Seas.

Maybe Brad and Angie are taking their new twins on vacation and they reserved the rest of the boat! If I was going to travel with someone famous...I'd take George Clooney!

Archived