Friendly tip: Confirm your Cabin #!

leiny

Just returned from a great week on the Sapphire Princess. However, we were very disappointed to find out that the cabin number for our teenagers was not the one we expected. The number confirmed by our travel agent's documents did not match the one assigned by Princess. It was off by one number (odd vs. even) which means it's on the other side of the ship! The travel agent missed this change and we did too. It's no fun to find out when you embark that part of your party is on the other side of the ship. So double check all your paper work. We did have to change some hotel rooms so the kids would be close to us; the hotel staff was very helpful and polite in making these changes for us.

This was 100% your TA's fault. Since they knew you'd booked cabins near each other, (s)he should have marked your booking as "No Upgrade." Princess will not move or change a cabin with this checked off. I'd call my TA and let them know they screwed up and if you book with them again, find out what they'll do for you to compensate you for the inconvenience. On the other hand, I might not use a TA that screwed up like this again.

Thanks, I agree and will be following up. I called my TA from the ship and she made a few calls but I haven't heard from her since I got back. Thanks for the advice.

You didn't check the cabin locations before booking?

Or after?

:confused:

Before I book, I always look at deck plans to see where the cabin is -near elevator, service room, etc.

After booking, I keep checking my cabin number in Cruise Personalizer just to make sure they didn't upgrade me. (learned the hard way)

Just returned from a great week on the Sapphire Princess. However, we were very disappointed to find out that the cabin number for our teenagers was not the one we expected. The number confirmed by our travel agent's documents did not match the one assigned by Princess. It was off by one number (odd vs. even) which means it's on the other side of the ship! The travel agent missed this change and we did too. It's no fun to find out when you embark that part of your party is on the other side of the ship. So double check all your paper work. We did have to change some hotel rooms so the kids would be close to us; the hotel staff was very helpful and polite in making these changes for us.

Your TA should also link your cabins. If you go into your personalizer you will find an area that shows who you are traveling with. That, along with "no upgrade" should ensure that no one gets moved.

Sorry that your kids were on the other side of the ship, that would drive me nuts.

Glad your cruise ( in general) was good. :)

I actually think this is a fairly common mistake ---- the numbers look close, and people don't know or don't stop to think that the odd and even numbers are on opposite sides of the ship. Even if you check the cruise personalizer, it's a point not everyone picks up on. It happened to us once when we were traveling with another couple -- we cruise quite often but we still missed it.

As everyone mentioned this truly was your TA's fault. Also before I ever go on a cruise I double check and double check my cruise personalizer with a fine tooth comb. I am sorry this happened to you and glad you had a great cruise in spite of it. From now on just check that personalizer very closely. Stuff happens even with the best TA and the bottom line is you have to lookout for your own reservations also.

Marilyn

I'm worried as I don't think I checked the 'don't upgrade' box when booking (direct on princess.com) While I'd love an upgrade, I have a midship balcony cabin on a lowish deck and I'm worried about feeling quesy.

I don't see anywhere on the cruise personaliser that I can now add 'don't upgrade'

Any advice?

I'm worried as I don't think I checked the 'don't upgrade' box when booking (direct on princess.com) While I'd love an upgrade, I have a midship balcony cabin on a lowish deck and I'm worried about feeling quesy.

I don't see anywhere on the cruise personaliser that I can now add 'don't upgrade'

Any advice?

I'd call Princess and make sure you have "No Upgrade" on your booking. The default is to accept an upgrade so if nothing is checked off, you could be "upgraded." If you have more than one cabin, i.e., cruising with others, make sure your cabins are linked together in the Princess system. That way, they know that you should be near each other and that you will be dining at the same table. While booking direct with Princess is often easier, having a TA to take care of these details makes it worth booking with a TA. Even if you've booked directly, you can always give the booking # to a TA and they can help you.

Your TA should also link your cabins. If you go into your personalizer you will find an area that shows who you are traveling with. That, along with "no upgrade" should ensure that no one gets moved.

Sorry that your kids were on the other side of the ship, that would drive me nuts.

Glad your cruise ( in general) was good. :)

Might drive mom nuts, but I bet the kids LOVED it. :)

Archived