Miami Airport

Let's just try this again.

You have about a 75% chance of making your flight.

No one knows how busy the Miami port will be that Sunday - Monarch is one extra ship that day that they don't usually have. Customs/immigration could be slow.

You just never know.

Just trying to book my flight for the return. If Monarch docks at 7:00 AM at the port of Miami, will I have enough time to take a 10:00 AM flight.

Thank you

There is a good chance, but it is far from a gurantee. Ships are ocasionally late coming into port and also you have to realize that even if the ship arrives at 7am, people cannot immediately leave the ship - you need to wait for customs to clear the ship. The Miami airport also can be extremely busy. I personally would not risk it, but some may. If you do risk it certainly do the self-debarkation option where you carry your luggage off the ship yourselves and leave with the first group.

I wouldn't do it. Miami is just too fickle an airport with lines that can get really really long both for checking-in and security. Not to mention there could be a car accident, computer problem with customs, any number of things to hold you up from getting off the ship fast and early. That just isn't a lot of time you're leaving for uncontrollable circumstances.

I drive in Miami every day. They normally do most the road construction during off peak hours (ie:Sunday morning:eek: ) So I would not take that chance if you don't have too. The roads here are terrible even on the best day ever!

If you can leave later you will also have more time to enjoy the South Florida weather:)

I wouldn't do it. On our first cruise, we would have had no problem getting there in that time. But, our last cruise was only a 3 day and although I think we were in port on time, we were all stuck in a long line to get off. I'm guessing the ship had problems getting cleared with customs. Even those that wanted to self-disembark were waiting in line for hours. I don't even think we got off the ship until 10 or so. Better to hang out in the airport for a couple hours than to miss your flight altogether.

Archived