Mariner-most accessible ship-need pics

I have read that Mariner of the Seas is the most accessible ship afloat.

We have an elderly friend who often says she would like to go on a cruise but she "knows she can't".

I have spoken to her son who tells me her biggest concern is the whole bathroom issue (she is in a wheelchair but can't stand to transfer so the bathroom would need to be big enough for someone to lift her onto the toilet).

Does anyone have photos of an accessible stateroom on the Mariner or is there anyone sailing in one of these cabins who would be willing to take pictures for me?

We would like to take this very wonderful lady on a cruise if at all possible.

I don't have pictures but I do know the Mariner is very accessible. Why not check with both a Travel Agent and RCCL themselves to get specifics about their handicap accessible cabins. If they are up to code and I suspect they HAVE to be on these newer ships, there should be more than enough room to maneuver in the bathrooms. Just a thought. Good luck!!

I have read that Mariner of the Seas is the most accessible ship afloat.

We have an elderly friend who often says she would like to go on a cruise but she "knows she can't".

I have spoken to her son who tells me her biggest concern is the whole bathroom issue (she is in a wheelchair but can't stand to transfer so the bathroom would need to be big enough for someone to lift her onto the toilet).

Does anyone have photos of an accessible stateroom on the Mariner or is there anyone sailing in one of these cabins who would be willing to take pictures for me?

We would like to take this very wonderful lady on a cruise if at all possible.

Here is a link to the Wheelchair accessible cabins on the voyager class ships. It shows all different room catagories that are wheelchair friendly. looks like there is plenty of room. Check out the rest of the site as well, has some interesting facts and photos:D . The main website is www.voyager-class.com

Here are the wheel chair cabins

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/albums/cabins/wheelchair/wheelchairFR.html

I do not have photos but my grandfather stayed in one and the bathroom was large enough to drive his scooter into so that he could transfer to the shower bench or the toilet seat. The bathroom is huge with a slopped floor and no shower walls just a curtain. there is also an emergency call button and phone in the bathroom.

Archived