Advice Needed - Navigator Western Caribbean

We just got off a wonderful cruise to Alaska on Mariner. We were so happy with our cruise that we on an implusive booked a cruise in Nov. 2009 on the Navigator (it could have been all alcohol) - the Ft. Lauderdale to Ft. Lauderdale itinerary. Now I am questioning that decision and wondering did we act to fast as we know nothing about the ship or the itinerary.

Can anyone who has been on this cruise give us feedback on the ship and ports.

Thank you.

Whether it was alcohol or not (:) ), this is a good choice. The Navigator is a lovely ship -- larger suites -- smaller ship -- same Regent experience.

When you say Western Caribbean, I'm assuming Belize, Cozumel, Hondurus, etc. (7 or 11 nights?) I did a review of our 2007 cruise in the "Review" section of CC.

Everyone has different favorite ports. . . we particularly enjoyed our cave tubing excursion in Belize. Although we had a wonderful snorkeling excursion in Cozumel, the fact that there were 5 or 6 other ships in port made it a bit too touristy. We found some great "small" tours (not Regent) that worked well.

It looks like the itinerary is identical to the one we took last year on Voyager.

Loved Belize, *really* loved Guatemala, didn't enjoy Cozumel because we had the excursion from hell, had a pleasant day in Key West.

Navigator is a really nice ship, very intimate. If you have questions about the ports when we get closer to the time (!), we'll be glad to answer.

We've also booked this cruise. I was on the navigator in Jan-Feb 2006 after trips on the PG and Diamond and really had a great time.

While I've been to some of the ports, quite a few will be new (Belize on my birthday for one!)

Archived