Sell me a Princess cruise!

I'm a long time cruiser, my wife has completed two. I have been on several other cruise lines and have never cruised Princess before. To tell the truth, the most cruises I've taken have been with RCL. I've been very happy each and every time.

My parents, frequent cruisers, tell me that I should give Princess a try. I'm thinking the 10 dayer down to the southern "carrib" on the Ruby.

Let's see the loyalty. Why should I book? I'm sure there's quite a few here that have sampled the many other lines. What keeps bringing you back?

Looking forward to the replies.

I'm a long time cruiser, my wife has completed two. I have been on several other cruise lines and have never cruised Princess before. To tell the truth, the most cruises I've taken have been with RCL. I've been very happy each and every time.

My parents, frequent cruisers, tell me that I should give Princess a try. I'm thinking the 10 dayer down to the southern "carrib" on the Ruby.

Varity is the spice of life. Its time you tried Princess because......they have lovely ships, great food, lovely ports and I have found the price is usually below what RCL charges. RCL has some great ships but as far as I'm concerned, been on both and I'm heading back to Princess for a Panama Canal cruise in Feb.

I have sailed on both RC and Princess.

Here are my reasons why I keep coming back to Princess -

1. Quality of food is better
  2. More entertainment selection
  3. Friendlier crew
  4. Fares are a little cheaper
  5. Nice perks

Ruby is a new ship.

Southern Int. - Great destination

10 dayer - Perfect!!!

Can't get any better than that.

Try it - You'll like Princess ----:)

Why Princess? Absolutely the most incredible vacations, food, service, activities, exotic locations, and relaxation I could ever imagine have been on Princess.:D

But on second thought, don't go. I want it all to myself.;)

I have sailed on a few different lines. Princess is by far my favorite.

NCL was very nice but the food was not up to par with Princess. Also, it seemed like all the restaurants and lounges were very close together. There was a lot of congestion in these areas. On Princess, the bars, lounges, restaurants, etc... are spread out all over the ship. Therefore the crowds are much smaller.

The service on Princess is amazing. The room steward and bartenders addressed us by name. The food was very excellent and the anytime dining is perfect for us since we don't like to be rushed so we went to dinner whenever we were hungry.

Well, at the risk of being tagged a cheerleader, Princess is my one and only favorite. You are looking at the Ruby 10 dayer. There is a roll call set up for April 9, 2010 if you want to wait that long. :D

Great people, lots of fun.

Food is good.Love Anytime Dining - never rushed

All age groupsYou meet great people

Sports Lounge

Lots of entertainment for every type

Fun Art AuctionS

ome ports have easy off after the cruise. Works great.

The staff makes sure they know you by name after meeting you for the first time.

Could go on and on. Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.:)

I like Princess and RCCL.

In my opinion, Princess has better prices and itineraries. I think the service is a little better on Princess but I like the food on RCCL better. (If you happen to be a seafood lover, then you'll probably like Princess' food better. I don't care for seafodd.)

I think the cabins are pretty much similar. I highly recommend the Ruby. MUTS is the Princess' equivalent of some of the Rock Climbing and surfing as entertainment on the Ruby. The Ruby is a bit more elegant than RCCL's ships.

I think the entertainment on Princess is a bit better than RCCL. I really like the fact that they have comedians in the alternative clubs on the ship so you don't have to hope for one or two nights in the main theater to see a comedian.

Princess' loyalty program also offers a lot more than RCCL's. They offer perks for frequent sailing that RCCL doesn't, like free laundry service and free internet.

Princess also has laundromats on their ships that allowed us to bring less clothing. During pool time on sea days, I usually throw a load of laundry in and go back and forth from the pool to put it in the dryers and then fold. I substantially reduced the amount of t shirts and shorts we took on our last cruise because I could wash them in the middle of the cruise.

And Princess' future cruise program is excellent. You can buy a future cruise credit on the ship and have $100 deposits on your next Princess cruise.

Let's see the loyalty. Why should I book? I'm sure there's quite a few here that have sampled the many other lines. What keeps bringing you back?

When I compared my first two cruises on Princess with my Navigator of the Seas cruise, I had to give the edge to RCL. For some reason, the crew seemed happier, and the design innovations of their ships keep impressing me.

One difference between the two lines, in my humble opinion are pricing and itineraries. I attribute the ability to undercut RCL to the massive Carnival parent company, which can do lower cost cruises due to their economies of scale. While RCL is more creative with their ships, Princess is innovative in their itineraries, both in ports and in length of the cruise. This is why we keep coming back.

It is always up to the individual cruiser to ensure that they have a pleasant cruise, and I think that you will have a great time on a Princess ship, especially their newest one.

I like both lines, and have two future cruises (one on each) coming up. My ideal cruise line would be one where RCL ships were used on Princess itineraries, at Princess prices!

Have a great time, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

We just came back from a 9 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We loved the ship, the service, the food and entertainment. The ship was very upscale. We have no kids and didn't want to go on a cruise that had ice scating and rock climbing because we would not be making use of those features. We loved the anytime dining and were able to adjust our schedules so that we could make the most of the entertainment offered. The food was great in the dining room and buffets. Although there were more than 3,500 on the cruise, we never felt the impact because of the way the ship is designed. We utilized the 2 adult pools which were wonderful and relaxing. Service was great and we were so please with the experience that we booked a cruise on the Ruby for next March. Hope to see you there. Go for it.:)

We really enjoy Princess cruise lines. We have been on the Star and the Crown. We are going back on the Crown in March. We sailed the Southern Caribbean on the Crown March 07 and loved it. Aruba was our favorite. The Princess ships are very elegant and the food is good. There is always plenty of food. They have great itineraries also. I like the anytime dining and also the specialty restaurants.

I have been on RCCL and Carnival. RCCL was a short trip but it was nice for a few days. I wouldn't mind trying a longer cruise but I don't like the itineraries as much as with Princess.

The Ruby sounds like it will be a beautiful ship. You won't go wrong. Enjoy!:D

Took my First cruise on the Emerald last December as others have said Food and Service were great. The cleanliness of the ship was immaculate. Fresh water pools are a huge plus for us and their pool areas are great.

While food is subjective and I have never been on RCL The number of posts that I have read about how bad the food is has been one factor about keeping me away from them But the main thing is the number of posts about the lack of maintenance on RCL and X ships. I would not be able to accept that.

We are trying HAL for the first time in Feb due to Princess not having a cruise with dates and itinerary that worked for us or else we would be on Princess again for this cruise. We are booked on the Ruby for next July and cant wait to be back on Princess.

I have to agree with a lot of those who have already responded. Overall, I feel like Princess is elegant without being pretentious, quality and friendly service, great food, and generally just lots of nice little things that really add to the experience. I've been on the Caribbean Princess twice, am scheduled to be on the Ruby in December, and the Crown next February.

Little things I tend to like about Princess?

- MUTS (I'm a movie nut, so this is wonderful) with lounge covers, blankies, and fresh popcorn for evening shows.

- milk and fresh cookies each afternoon at the pool

- Princess Pop Star (karaoke)

- Chef's Table (Just read some of the reviews.....this is amazing!)

- Skywalker's Lounge (great to head up there during the day)

- Fresh water pools (not sea water like other cruise lines)

I can't think of any others right now, but there's a few! Let us know what you decide. :)

My wife Tagalong, must have been very impressed with all of your responses. I got an email at while I was slaving away at work today that simply said.....

"I BOOKED OUR CRUISE!"

What I thought was odd is that she did this without discussing it a little with me first. had I went out and did something like that.....well, let's just say I would have got a good "talking to" :D As long as she's happy, I'm happy!

We'll be enjoying the Ruby for 10 days in December of 2009. I'm eager to start reading up on all the things I can look forward to with this cruise.

Thanks for all the replies. It most surely helped in our, I mean her decision.;)

I have to agree with a lot of those who have already responded. Overall, I feel like Princess is elegant without being pretentious, quality and friendly service, great food, and generally just lots of nice little things that really add to the experience. I've been on the Caribbean Princess twice, am scheduled to be on the Ruby in December, and the Crown next February.

Little things I tend to like about Princess?

- MUTS (I'm a movie nut, so this is wonderful) with lounge covers, blankies, and fresh popcorn for evening shows.

- milk and fresh cookies each afternoon at the pool

- Princess Pop Star (karaoke)

- Chef's Table (Just read some of the reviews.....this is amazing!)

- Skywalker's Lounge (great to head up there during the day)

- Fresh water pools (not sea water like other cruise lines)

I can't think of any others right now, but there's a few! Let us know what you decide. :)

Ldyanrdrea,

Just wanted to say that you've got a great avatar! Gotta love Eddie Izzard!

FANTASTIC CRUISE!!!! Last year was our first with Pincess Cruise Lines and We are back this year. We have cruised with RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival. Don't pass up a cruise with Princess, you won't regret it!!

I think RCL and Princess are comparable, with each line being better in a few things.

From my experience (and my experience only), this is what I like about each line:

Princess -

Buffet open 24 hours a day

Freshwater pools

Anytime dining

Prettier ships

RCL -

Better entertainment

Food is ever so slightly better than Princess

Rooms are bigger

Also, on RCL things are happening until the wee small hours. On Princess all the nightclubs really empty out by midnight. I found the service to be great on both lines.

So it just depends on what you want. I lean towards Princess because the Anytime Dining is really important to me, and I really like the freshwater pools. If entertainment and nightlife were the most important things to me I would lean towards RCL.

Also, I hear the Radiance class of ship on RCL is really beautiful, so I'm hoping to try that soon. I think I'll like a smaller RCL ship better. I don't care for the "grand promenade" thing on the bigger RCL ships. I like to feel like I'm on a ship, not at the mall. But that's just me.

Whatever you choose, you'll be on vacation so you can't go wrong!

I think RCL and Princess are comparable, with each line being better in a few things.

From my experience (and my experience only), this is what I like about each line:

Princess -

Buffet open 24 hours a day

Freshwater pools

Anytime dining

Prettier ships

RCL -

Better entertainment

Food is ever so slightly better than Princess

Rooms are bigger

Also, on RCL things are happening until the wee small hours. On Princess all the nightclubs really empty out by midnight. I found the service to be great on both lines.

So it just depends on what you want. I lean towards Princess because the Anytime Dining is really important to me, and I really like the freshwater pools. If entertainment and nightlife were the most important things to me I would lean towards RCL.

Also, I hear the Radiance class of ship on RCL is really beautiful, so I'm hoping to try that soon. I think I'll like a smaller RCL ship better. I don't care for the "grand promenade" thing on the bigger RCL ships. I like to feel like I'm on a ship, not at the mall. But that's just me.

Whatever you choose, you'll be on vacation so you can't go wrong!

The Radiance class ships are sized perfectly in my opinion. not too big and not too small. I've never felt crowded on one. Last year we were on Radiance of the Seas and it was by far, the best overall cruise I've ever been on.

I'm looking forward to giving Princess a try. I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied. We're easy to please. Give us a few good snorkeling destinations, some good music and a fun crowd and we're pretty happy.

...and I totally agree with your "Grand Promenade" comment.

Greetings all, Sorry to unload this - but.....

My first PC was great, back in 97, it was the Dawn Princess. However, the last few were just too crowded, over -crowded imo, esp. the Caribbean Princess in 9/07 . Never enough space in the pools, the kiddie pool was over run by adults using it , getting drunk, smoking, in spite of several complaints, pleading, as my son wanted to play in the kiddie pool. The manager did Nothing.

Our balcony was my only refuge.

Days at sea were not fun,no place to lounge or swim, the spa staff were snooty, unbelievably rude and the added gratuity plus the spa service was outrageously expensive. In fact everything on the ship was expensive.

I also felt like we were on a floating home shopping cruise- everyday, trying to push purchasing "things" on the ship or in the ports.

Also, the time in the ports was not enough to really get out and explore. Princess Cays was the worst, imo. No lunch available after 1pm, not enough chairs, ugly beach.

That being said, the food during first seating and the wait staff were awesome. The Pelican kids Club was great, Cozumel was wonderful. I am sure most people will love Princess, it is a beautiful ship. I am just ready for something less crowded, low key.

I hope whatever you choose you have a great cruise : ) !!

We sailed on the CB last 9/2/07 and even though the ship was completely booked we didn't find the ship to be crowded. Sometimes in the buffet they was a back-up and confusion but we always managed to eat. The theater was another placethat if you didn't get there early you may not get the seating you wanted. We don't have small children, so I can't comment on that.

Archived