What happened to Love Boat theme on Sail away?

CharlesDC

Not only that but on our fist Princess cruise in 1999 they had on of the on board TV stations broadcasting The Love Boat and The New Love Boat almost all the time. I think something like 12-16 hours a day! Have not seen that in a few years now either. :)

Scott

We fixed that situation a couple of years ago. One of the fellows in our group (we always have at least 4 side by side balcony cabins that we open the dividers between) brings his little CD player and speakers along. He sets it up as as we are leaving port and plays his CD with the Love Boat theme on it. We've even had people on other near by balconys ask that he turns up the volumn so they can hear it better. Can't beat that "we're leaving on a cruise feeling" with a drink in hand and the theme playing! :D

They didn't on either of my past 2 Princess cruises :(

I really wish they would....esp for cruises leaving out of FLL.....it's kind of a party atmosphere and I'm sorry, as much as I like Andrea Bocelli singing "Time to Say Goodbye" it doesn't really kick start the party mood for me LOL

This must vary from ship to ship. We were on Grand Princess last winter, and the poolside band played it regularly (very well, too). We were on our own balcony for sailaway, so I don't know if they played it then or not -- but I agree, it's a really nice touch on a Princess ship.

wow, that really is exciting and new.....

Just think, soon, we'll be making another run because after all, I think the Coral Princess promises something for everyone.......

Thanks Bruce!

I need to find it as a ringer for my Sprint phone...wow, I really will be the cruise geek then LOL

A little off topic, as this happened on an NCL ship, but still funny. We boarded the Sea for our first cruise, and I went back to the cabin to get the forms to establish our onboard credit account. I went to meet my sister, in a cabin around the corner, and she came out to find me laughing. The problem?? They were playing the theme from the Poseidon Adventure on the speakers. Didn't do a whole lot to establish the 1st time cruisers' confidence level. :D

On the Sapphire last month, they played "Sail Away" by Enya. It's OK, but I miss the Love Boat theme. It was kind of cool (in a sort-of dorky way) to get to hear all 14 million verses of it when we were on the Regal in 2001. I think they got rid of it when they switched the slogan to Escape Completely, but I'm not sure. I've heard from a friend who worked for Princess that they were trying to get away from the Love Boat image.

On our 2001 Grand cruise they played it at sailaway and it was fun.

I was videoing so the music is in the background making a smile come across the face when we watch that movie.

I have my mobil ringer to the Love Boat. Every call I hear the theme.

Nancy

I heard it when I saw the Grand leaving Port Everglades in 2001 but when I finally was aboard, bam, Andrea Bocelli. This song is waaaaay too melancholic for starting a cruise.

Yay! I'm not the only one.....why not Enya's Sail Away (or hey, why not Styx' Come Sail Away? LOL Uh oh, am I ageing myself with that comment) with a Love Boat theme chaser?

On our 2001 Grand cruise they played it at sailaway and it was fun.

I was videoing so the music is in the background making a smile come across the face when we watch that movie.

I have my mobil ringer to the Love Boat. Every call I hear the theme.

Nancy

Nancy:

Wow...I have my Love Boat as my mobile ringer! I bet we will recognize each other if our phones go off in Galveston on November 13th! :D

Archived