Luggage concern princess land tour

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Just learned that flying from

from Cork to London after our Princess/Globus land tour means less luggage..... 44 pounds per person, not per bag..... per person. :( :oWhat does everyone else do ? I've thought of a nude cruise, but this cruise/tour is already booked. Has anyone shipped luggage via Princess straight to the ship or should I just plan to live in the ship laundromat? Any ideas are welcome, except the nude cruise....... Ive given up on that too.

Yeah, lots of the DOMESTIC flights in Europe only allow 44 lbs. I caused myself the same dilemma. I bought round trip from LAX to Paris (2 checked bags x 50 lbs) then from Paris to Rome (1 x 44 lbs).

I decided to go with all black pants (6 pair) with many different tops. We will be 3 days pre-cruise Rome, 12 day cruise, then 2 days post-cruise in Venice for a total of 20 days gone from home. We do have a laundry room almost across the corridor from our cabin on the ship. While I don't usually like to do laundry while on vacation, going to have to at least once on this trip.

You might want to consider something similar, doesn't have to be black, that's just what I chose.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Just learned that flying from

from Cork to London after our Princess/Globus land tour means less luggage..... 44 pounds per person, not per bag..... per person. :( :oWhat does everyone else do ? I've thought of a nude cruise, but this cruise/tour is already booked. Has anyone shipped luggage via Princess straight to the ship or should I just plan to live in the ship laundromat? Any ideas are welcome, except the nude cruise....... Ive given up on that too.

Learn to pack in just one bag. Put out everything you think you need to pack and then put half of your clothes back in the cupboard. Try to co-ordinate your colours, so that each item of clothing matches with several others. Cut down on the shoes - take shoes that will go with several outfits. Wear clothes more than once on the ship - no-one but you will notice.

Much of the rest of the world travels quite successfully and keeps within the one bag, 44 pounds allowance. It seems to be mostly Americans who feel the need to burden themselves with two bags.

Half the clothes and twice the money was the best advice I ever got.

Like Celle, I put everything I plan to take on the bed. Then I put away at least half.

Everything has to have a dual purpose and I limit myself to three pairs of shoes, including those I'm wearing. Sometimes, I manage with two pairs, if it is summer. :(

agabbymama You are doubly fortunate, with access to a laundry, which will be close to your cabin.

Most people on our Royal Caribbean charter last year had one baggage luggage entitlement, plus there was no self service laundry on the ship at all. Yet everyone looked great and dressed up in the evening, when appropriate.

Less luggage, especially pre and post cruise, is liberating. Not easy, but we can learn a lot from the atw backpackers.

Hi Tulsa Cats! I know how frustrating packing can be and worrying about how much your luggage weighs and what pieces to bring. I try to bring very light shirts with fabrics that can dry easily. You can always rinse them in the sink and hang to dry. I agree that bringing a basic pair of black pants or neutral color is great and you can match with different shirts and make your outfits look different. (If you are a female-bring a few different accessories to dress up or down the outfit). My rule-a black pair of pants, jeans, black shoes, walking shoes, nice necklace worn on a basic t-shirt with black pants, nice black shoes and a blazer or nice jacket (again neutral color).

Also, pack everything flat in the suitcase, do not roll up things--this makes your luggage bulky. Try to bring smaller size toiletries, such as instead of packing one larger size bottle of shampoo, pack some smaller ones and as you use each one you can toss away the bottle. This way, you do not have to "lug around" that big bottle (whether half used or filled up!)

Hope this helps! Good luck with packing!

We just got back from England. Including pre and post cruise, we were gone for 12 days. We each had one bag, and they weighed 40 pounds and 30 pounds each. I agree that you need a lot less than you think you do. Also, learn to re-wear clothes. Unless you sweat a lot and they smell or if you get them dirty, it will be OK. You don't need a brand-new outfit for every single day of your cruise. It's not a fashion contest, and by and large, you will never see these people ever again.

I do agree that it seems like Americans are always showing up to cruises with a mountain of luggage. Especially in the ports at home in Florida where they can just drive and don't have to worry about airline restrictions. I saw one lady on our last cruise from Florida show up with five bags, and those were all for herself. I talked with her while waiting in line to check in, she was complaining that she thought she didn't bring enough!

She had something like 15 pairs of shoes for a 7 day cruise. New outfit for each night meant seven different matching pairs of dress shoes. Then she had her special running shoes for the treadmill, a different pair of sneakers in case she wanted to do something active, slippers for the cabin, a few pairs of sandals in various colors and then other miscellaneous shoes "just in case". :eek:

I think I was forgetting the cruise part of your trip! I was mentioning clothing for a land tour! Ok, new list, a basic black dress, dress black pants, a pair of capris, still a pair of jeans, a nice evening suit for the ladies. Bring some shirts for the afternoon and blouses for at night. Mix and match. if you feel funny about wearing the same items at night wear the same shirt twice but wear one blouse at the beginning of the cruise and then again at the end. Most people won't notice. You can look nice no matter what as long as you can at least dress up at night with accessories to dress up your blouses.

I still say pack flat and bring items you can rinse out and that dry quickly.

Another hint--bring a few clothes pins so you can hang up wet clothes, great too if you have a balcony--you can clip a blouse or two on the chairs outside! Of course in a way that does not make your blacony look like a laundromat!

Archived