Beach facilities on Aruba

MACKAM

We are a family of six on the Constellation arriving in Aruba on the 6th November.We would like to spend a few hours at a resort hotel spending some time in a swimming pool and having lunch.We have heard that the Hyatt on Palm Beach is very good and have requested the cost of a day room,but have had no reply.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what we could do,the grandchildren don't like the sea.

Thank you in anticipation

Mackam

We are a family of six on the Constellation arriving in Aruba on the 6th November.We would like to spend a few hours at a resort hotel spending some time in a swimming pool and having lunch.We have heard that the Hyatt on Palm Beach is very good and have requested the cost of a day room,but have had no reply.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what we could do,the grandchildren don't like the sea.

Mackam

There is also RIU Palace. They offer day passes but they are $100.00 per person. So it is steep.

Another suggestion is to go to Aruba under Port of Call and there is all kinds of info.

Here is the link...hope I did that right

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

Laura

Hire a taxi and go to Palm Beach or Baby Beach. Palm Beach is very nice, they do charge for umbrellas but it's not as expensive as that $100 for a resort. We were there this past March and it was great. There is also a pier for food and drinks. Remember, when you get out of the tax, head to the right. You can move a little further away from the pier and the beach was really nice.

Palm Beach is a short cab ride away. Most of the hotels there are OK and the beach is about the same at any of them. It's crowded now but the fist time we went they only had 3 hotels on the beach.

They've constructed a nice walkway all along the beach (I think it's complete now). I'd estimate it to be 3/4 mile long and is pleasant to walk along.

I'd suggest you take a cab to the Marriott at the far end of the beach and walk along to the Wyndham on the other end. Just after the Marriott you will pass the holiday Inn which got so much publicity from the Natalee Holloway tragedy.

You should be able to rent chairs and umbrellas almost anywhere along the beach. Although it's become very crowded it's still a lovely beach.

When we were in Aruba last year, the cruiseline (Celebrity) told us that there were 3 hotels that gladly welcome cruise guests. I was very surprised to hear this, as Hyatt was one of them. I asked a taxi driver which hotel out of the 3 he recommended, and he said Hyatt was nicest. He took us to the hotel and for $5 pp, a beach attendant got us loungers. We were able to use the pool facilities. It was a lovely day. If your grandchildren don't like the sea, I think they may change their mind when they see the beach in Aruba. It's like a bit swimming pool. The water is crystal clear and very calm, no waves, just a little lapping of the water along the shoreline.

DH and I also went to the Hyatt. I did try to get a day rate, but none is available. However, just take a taxi to the Hyatt, go downstairs to the pool and there you are. We swam,had lunch by the pool and a drink and then took a taxi back to the ship. No problem.

8/99 Alaska Celebrity

8/01 Scandinavia/Russia Princess

1/05 Western Carribean Celebrity

10/05 Hawaii Norwegian

1/07 Panama Canal Celebrity

8/07 Hawaii Norwegian

1/08 South America – Celebrity

When we were in Aruba last year, the cruiseline (Celebrity) told us that there were 3 hotels that gladly welcome cruise guests. I was very surprised to hear this, as Hyatt was one of them. I asked a taxi driver which hotel out of the 3 he recommended, and he said Hyatt was nicest. He took us to the hotel and for $5 pp, a beach attendant got us loungers. We were able to use the pool facilities. It was a lovely day. If your grandchildren don't like the sea, I think they may change their mind when they see the beach in Aruba. It's like a bit swimming pool. The water is crystal clear and very calm, no waves, just a little lapping of the water along the shoreline.

Do you remember the other two?

Mackam

Aruba Hyatt does not allow use of the pool or any facilities if you are not guest of the hotel. They do not sell day passes.

I am glad to hear that the Hyatt must have changed their attitude. Two years ago there were not any chairs for rent and no use of pool was allowed.

We will be there in November and we have been going to the Hyatt for over 10 years. We love their property.

Archived