Hair salon prices?

I just wanted to write a quick suggestion...just in case it helped...I have all that info buried here...but just for an outside of the box comment...I have never been tempted to pay the exorborant prices of the salon and have always instead gone to the hotels on the islands we visit ... or the downtown locations...and felt equally spoiled but at 35% less...no appointment in advance necessary...

In Europe even the you get so much more for your dollar...

Anyone got prices for hairdressing salon on Splendour (or any other RCI ship as I presume they will all be the same). Tried the search feature but it's not working.

Thanks!!!

Just back from the Radiance of the Seas Alaska tour and I paid $39.00 plus tip for wash, blow dry and curl. It was steep but they did a good job and I needed my hair done after two weeks without having my hair done. We were on the pre-cruise tour and by the time we reached hotels it was time for looking for dinner not getting my hair done. I paid $42 on the Liberty in Feb. I am a diamond member but forgot to use my coupon from the book in my room which would have given me another discount.

Irene

Anyone got prices for hairdressing salon on Splendour (or any other RCI ship as I presume they will all be the same). Tried the search feature but it's not working.

Thanks!!!

Hi,

This is from AOS June 22, 2008 sailing.

Hair Treatment

Frangipani Hair and Scalp Massage $48 (25 minutes)

Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment $19.50 (25 minutes)

Style /Dry

Shampoo & finish $35/$39/$49

Shampoo, cut & finish $59/$75/$79

Hair-Up ( no shampoo) $55

Men's cut & finish $35

Color

Re-growth tint $69/$79/$89

Full head color change $95/$105/$115

One color highlights / low-lights $89/$99/$109

Wes

Has anyone had problems getting the appointment times they want? I'm getting married on Freedom in February and my TA said they won't take appointments in advance. We aren't using Royal Romance so we don't have the option of going through them to book it either. I plan to make the salon my first stop when getting on board the ship!

Has anyone had problems getting the appointment times they want? I'm getting married on Freedom in February and my TA said they won't take appointments in advance. We aren't using Royal Romance so we don't have the option of going through them to book it either. I plan to make the salon my first stop when getting on board the ship!

I always have my hair done in an updo on formal night and have never had a problem getting an appt. I usually visit the spa the day we board, not immediately, but by late afternoon. I also enjoy the spa tour. Gives you a chance to see the different services that are offered.

• 6 years later...

My spa day this spring was a frangipani, followed by a shampoo, cut, then another shampoo (leftover frangipani), and a style.

I thought $75 for the cut and style was horribly expensive, but I did get a good cut. I used my 20% for DP, and left that as the tip.

Her name was Lauren, and she was from London. She was recommended as the best in the salon for curly/wavy hair, and was fine with a strictly wash-and-wear cut. I have found that requirement freaks out most stylists.

She blew it out mostly straight, which lasted less than 5 minutes... just until I walked out onto the deck. Then, it started to curl, and I was normal again. :D 4 months later, and the cut still looks good.

Good luck!

Wendy

I always have my hair done in an updo on formal night and have never had a problem getting an appt. I usually visit the spa the day we board, not immediately, but by late afternoon. I also enjoy the spa tour. Gives you a chance to see the different services that are offered.

I have shoulder length hair and wash and blow dry was $46 inc D+ discount and tip. Pedicure $61 inc D+ discount and tip. Also had a shellac manicure but cannot find that receipt, though I think around $45. Hope this helps.

She blew it out mostly straight, which lasted less than 5 minutes... just until I walked out onto the deck. Then, it started to curl, and I was normal again. :D

We naturally curly girls are defenseless against Caribbean humidity, aren't we?

I stopped fighting it years ago, and now just let it do whatever the heck it wants to do... after all, that's exactly what it's going to do anyway, so why fight it? :D