How long does it take to work out the kinks on a new ship?

Jenal2

We will be on the Sky in November, but I am a tiny bit concerned about the lousy reviews after its "maiden" voyage. I didnt expect the reviews to be great, because I figured there would be some kinks to be worked out, but not necessarily this bad. Can I expect smooth sailing in November? Will the food somehow be better than it is now? The service?

Any input from people who have been on previous maiden voyages would be great.

We will be on the Sky in November, but I am a tiny bit concerned about the lousy reviews after its "maiden" voyage. I didnt expect the reviews to be great, because I figured there would be some kinks to be worked out, but not necessarily this bad. Can I expect smooth sailing in November? Will the food somehow be better than it is now? The service?

We were on Sky's "maiden" voyage; and I've posted what went wrong and also what went right. I'm sure that the kinks will be worked out soon (probably way before your cruise). Everyone we came in contact with was trying very hard, was very pleasant, polite....they wanted it to work and that's more than half the battle.;)

We were on Coral Princess' maiden voyage and also N. Jewel's first voyage in the Caribbean. Minor problems on those cruises also.

Don't worry. Focus instead on the good info. you'll be getting in the next few months.

We would consider doing this cruise again in a heartbeat...:)

Don't be too concerned: the first one was from the poster who gave us daily updates and I don't think it was all that negative. Of course not everything went perfect, but the week seemed to get better. The second poster raved. I don't know where you are getting the idea everything was bad?

Yes, there are always kinks, we cruised the Jewer when she was just a few weeks old. Mainly she had done a couple of trail runs, short cruises, but this was the first Atlantic crossing for her. We only had a couple snags, nothing that ruined the cruise for most of us. Yes, we had a couple of people who decided bitching was more fun that rolling with the punches, but overall everyone had a wonderful experience.

Like I said, the reviews haven't been all that bad: you are talking about a cruise almost 4 months away. Now, if 2 months prior to sailing the reviews are still less than positive you may want to worry.

Nita

Archived