Port Wine

dces1

Since port is a fortified wine, can it be brought onboard HAL ships like traditional wine? I have a traveling friend who drinks the stuff and it does not appear on the bar set up order form on their web site. Thanks for the help.

Since port is a fortified wine, can it be brought onboard HAL ships like traditional wine? I have a traveling friend who drinks the stuff and it does not appear on the bar set up order form on their web site. Thanks for the help.

I dunno...:D sorry I do not know what fortified port wine is...please tell us...we would like to bring wine on board & fortified;) well we need all the fortification we can get.T & D

I dunno...:D sorry I do not know what fortified port wine is...please tell us...we would like to bring wine on board & fortified;) well we need all the fortification we can get.T & D

Port is higher in alcohol content than wine and that is accomplished by adding a distilled alcohol product usually brandy to the wine. Sherry is also a fortified wine. This also gives port a much longer shelf life after it is opened and prevents it from oxidising like regular wine.

Port is higher in alcohol content than wine and that is accomplished by adding a distilled alcohol product usually brandy to the wine. Sherry is also a fortified wine. This also gives port a much longer shelf life after it is opened and prevents it from oxidising like regular wine.

Brandy is distilled from grapes, so isn't it also technicnlly a wine?:confused:

Archived