Constellation Cc Cabin 6143 Info??

Dave4120

Hello...My wife and I have gone on dozens of cruises, however, this November will be our first on Celebrity. We booked a CC cabin at that time which was 8165. Because we had heard so much about cabins 6143 and 6144, we tried to get one of those to no avail. We told our travel agent to be on the lookout for one of those cabins and to our surprise today, she informed us that she had put us on the wait list and cabin 6143 opened up today and we now have that cabin.

Can anyone tell us about this cabin. I had read several months ago that the room is about 20 square feet bigger than other CC cabins and the balcony is huge. I think someone else also said that since it is in between larger suite cabins, the service is better.

Any help, opinions, or experiences with this cabin would be helpful. My only concern was that is further toward the back of the ship, so I hope it doesn't rock and roll too much.

Thanks

Dave

Hello...My wife and I have gone on dozens of cruises, however, this November will be our first on Celebrity. We booked a CC cabin at that time which was 8165. Because we had heard so much about cabins 6143 and 6144, we tried to get one of those to no avail. We told our travel agent to be on the lookout for one of those cabins and to our surprise today, she informed us that she had put us on the wait list and cabin 6143 opened up today and we now have that cabin.

Can anyone tell us about this cabin. I had read several months ago that the room is about 20 square feet bigger than other CC cabins and the balcony is huge. I think someone else also said that since it is in between larger suite cabins, the service is better.

Any help, opinions, or experiences with this cabin would be helpful. My only concern was that is further toward the back of the ship, so I hope it doesn't rock and roll too much.

Thanks

Dave

We've spent a couple weeks in 6144. The cabin is maybe 6-8" wider than other CC cabins, so you probably won't notice it. The balcony is definitely deeper by about 4' or so. We found service no better nor worse than we had in our other CC cabins (which is good). And yes, you are only 2 cabins from the aft so there will be more movement than midship, so it depends on 1) the state of the seas and 2) your tolerance to movement. We had no real problems.

Hi Dave - We had this cabin in November of 07. I don't know about the cabin being larger, I'm not in to those details. However, the verandah was very large. We had a lounger, table and 2 chairs. We were between two suites, but did not get any of the suite services. The extra service could possibly be there, maybe you have to ask for it, again, not our thing! As far as the cabin being aft, didn't feel any rocking and rolling. It is a great cabin and the verandah really is wonderful! Enjoy your cruise!

Patty

We had the cabin on back to backs in September-October 2007. Agree with the previous comments. We did have better than normal CC service the first two weeks, but our room stewart then went on vacation and our new one was about average for CC. I will say it is very quite in that area due to the smaller number of rooms and the fact that the corridor ends two doors away. BTW, we loved the room and booked 6144 for our next X cruise.:)

We loved the location. Tucked down by the Royal Suites and the Penthouse Suite. Very quiet location.

I really didn't think the room was any larger. But, the balcony was worth it! Very large, wood versus that rough flooring on other balconies. Makes a difference as your bare feet do not get scratched up. We have 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a large table with room to spare.

You can also open the last few feet of the divider. Opens up the balcony even that much more. Never noticed before, but on the 6th deck you are pretty close to the ocean. We are usually up on 9th deck.

Oh yea, something that isn't mentioned and to us is a the only drawback to the cabin. The cabin has a love seat versus a sofa. My wife likes to stretch out on the sofa and watch a little TV. Couldn't do it.

One of our favorite cabins.

enjoy,

Duane

Archived