disembarkation time?

poss

Can someone remind me, please, approximately what time one can expect to disembark? Ship gets to Istanbul on Oct. 4, 8:00 A.M. Our hotel will do a pick-up, but I have no idea what time to tell them. How do people usually handle this?

Also: Can someone remind me, please, how I find out what other ships are in port that day? There's a website, yes?

Thanks!

The newer one is: http://www.porttime.com/

You are actually docking at 8 a.m.? That's unusual. Presumably there will be formalities before anybody gets off the ship, so that's a tough call.

As you know, you'll be given a form to fill out stating what your ongoing travel plans are. If you're independent, you can probably ask for a later time. But can't imagine what such a time would be, if you're really docking at 8.

Hi Wendy-- thanks for the website!

The 8:00 a.m. docking: Unless I'm reading the brochure incorrectly, pretty much all the cruises show that as the "arrive" time. What am I not understanding? Actually, I'd like to disembark as early as possible, since we'll only have 2 nights in Istanbul (which may be plenty; I am not looking forward to the calls to prayer, though I know that many, many people enjoy them). I wonder how I'll know what time to tell our transfer chap. Perhaps I can make the call to the hotel from the ship when I know more clearly, but that sounds somewhat complicated. ('twould be nice to be doing the Regent post-cruise at 4 Seasons!)

The only reason I questioned it was that most ships arrive in the night or very early morning, so you are docked before breakfast. That way people can make early flights home. On the RSSC website it has no time at all, so if I were you I would call your TA or Regent and ask.

Oh, and by "arrive time", do they mean that's when the ship physically docks? It could mean that's the earliest debarkation time.

Archived