CC class vs. FV cabin-need to decide quick!

JinxyB

We are currently booked on the Summit in a CC Class cabin, #8154. There are 3 of us that will share the room on the 12 day Med cruise. Just noticed on the X website that FV cabin #7201 is available for about $200 more. Is this a good idea or should I just stick to the CC Class cabin? The extra room would be nice, but I am kind of liking the idea of the perks of CC Class (never sailed X before). Thanks for any advice!

You could try to book the FV, but on my Constellation New England/Canada cruise they wouldn't let 3 of us book it.

So I ended up in 6143 and was so glad we hadn't changed. The CC perks are nice, and the location amongst all the suites was wonderful. Our cabin steward also served all the suites, and he was the best. Our balcony was triple that of a normal balcony because it had to join up with the Sky Suite on one side and the Royal Suite on the other, and it was teak wood deck.

Good luck, whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

We are currently booked on the Summit in a CC Class cabin, #8154. There are 3 of us that will share the room on the 12 day Med cruise. Just noticed on the X website that FV cabin #7201 is available for about $200 more. Is this a good idea or should I just stick to the CC Class cabin? The extra room would be nice, but I am kind of liking the idea of the perks of CC Class (never sailed X before). Thanks for any advice!

I would switch. The perks are okay, but nothing all that special. I've heard you can order from the CC breakfast menu even if you're in an FV. I'd go with the extra room in the cabin.

Hands down, take the FV! The room is almost the size of a Sky Suite and the veranda is enormous. We had one on February on Constellation and it felt like a mini apartment. We loved it.

The perks in CC don't even compare to the huge balcony and extra roomy cabin. Grab a corner if you can!

Have a CC room booked on the Century. We are midship on the port side, but saw that some SV and NS are available. SV's are only located facing out the back of the ship. Which would you pick? CC perks in good location or bigger balcony in not so desirable location? Also, would a Century Suite greatly outweigh the perks of a CC room. Noticed that the room is a bit larger, what are some of the perks with a NS room vs. CC? Can you get course-by-course room service in a NS? Which would you pick, why? (Me and DH's first cruise, and first time to Europe. SV is $100 less than CC, NS is $700 more than CC for 7 day cruise)

Book the FV

if it is on their website then you can book any number of people in it

just book online

Our friends booked one on line for the 2 of them in aug last year for a cruise in Jan 08, and I saw one on line in november for the same cruise

We did decide to stay our SS

We had three of our family members in the FV while the two of us were in a CC cabin down the hall. While I like the CC perks and would always prefer that for two people, was glad that the other three were in an FV. Maybe we're spoiled, but I would not want three people in a CC cabin and the difference in size is quite big, especially with a bit of a separation between the living and bedroom areas. The larger balcony was not that big a deal to us.

So I am leaning towards booking this FV cabin #7201, however I am concerned about people stating there is a vibrating noise/feeling in this area of the ship. From what I have read on these boards, most people rave about the aft cabins, so I guess it can't be that bad! Any advice? Thanks!

So I am leaning towards booking this FV cabin #7201, however I am concerned about people stating there is a vibrating noise/feeling in this area of the ship. From what I have read on these boards, most people rave about the aft cabins, so I guess it can't be that bad! Any advice? Thanks!

We had cabin 7199 and if there was any vibration it wasn't a constant thing. The only thing we remember is in the morning when we got to port there was this noise with some slight vibration but figured it was the lowering of the anchor.

Of course, the additional large balcony and separate living space from bed space was a pain;) . Take the FV... it spoiled us. Each space also had its own tv.

When we traveled on the Century last Fall, the only place for the Cigar smokers to enjoy their cigars was right above those cabins. You definitely will have to enjoy cigar smoke, unless there is no longer smoking allowed in the aft section of the ship. In addition, they are below one of the popular outside areas for eating and drinking. There will be no privacy on your balcony and quite a bit of noise.

On the plus side, there didn't appear to be any obstruction to getting a full suntan and everyone above "may" enjoy watching the three of you.

Karen

Century December 2007

When we traveled on the Century last Fall, the only place for the Cigar smokers to enjoy their cigars was right above those cabins. You definitely will have to enjoy cigar smoke, unless there is no longer smoking allowed in the aft section of the ship. In addition, they are below one of the popular outside areas for eating and drinking. There will be no privacy on your balcony and quite a bit of noise.

On the plus side, there didn't appear to be any obstruction to getting a full suntan and everyone above "may" enjoy watching the three of you.

Karen

Century December 2007

I was in an FV on Century for a Transatlantic this past April/May. There is privacy; about half of the balcony is covered and the other half is exposed (if you are in the exposed part then you can easily be seen by others). The noise of the wake/wind drown out much of the noise from the public bar above. Occasionally I was bothered a bit by the smell of cigar smoke, but the smell was not so intense as to drive me inside. If you book an FV on the starboard side the smell of smoke should be minimal to none. The FV on Century had its pros and cons, but overall I enjoyed the stateroom.

We were initially booked in a Sky Suite on the Millennium for our July Alaska cruise, but also saw a FV (#8166) open up online and jumped at it. Are we glad we did! The room allows some privacy, even if just for dressing, and the balcony is huge. We never smelled any smoke, and there was a slight vibration while we were sailing, but it didn't bother us in the least.

Grab it!

Just booked the FV cabin #7201 for an extra $200 total. I think this will work out better for us three ladies as far as space is concerned! I think this will make up for not having the CC Class "perks." I am excited for the larger balcony and it looks like you can store luggage out there!;)

We only booked a aft cabin once, and we hated it. It was a huge suite, but if we were out on the balcony the sound of the wake was so loud, we couldn't even hold a conversation.

I have been as far forward as you can get and trust me there was not as much movement as at the aft.

If you want room that is large it is a good choice as long as you don't want to have people over for a cocktail party on the balcony.

As someone whom gets seasick easily (me), never again aft.

Just booked the FV cabin #7201 for an extra $200 total. I think this will work out better for us three ladies as far as space is concerned! I think this will make up for not having the CC Class "perks." I am excited for the larger balcony and it looks like you can store luggage out there!;)

You won't regret it except for the fact that you will probably get hooked like the rest of us for the aft cabins.

We just booked the FV room on the solistice. Its 575 sq ft plus a 155 sq ft balcony (I know the website says 50-105 ft balcony but celebrity swears its 155 on the vista deck) and it has 2 large picture windows facing forward. That is 730 square ft of space. I'm wondering what the catch is on this - is it because its at the bow of the boat.

We just booked FV on the Equinox. I was wondering if there was a catch also, but couldn't pass up all that room for the price. I hope the balcony is as large as they told you!

Well I'll definately post when I return in December - good or bad. Did you book on the vista deck. They're the ones with the larger balcony. I will try and put up a picture on the boards.

Unless there has been a change, if you book any cruise under 12 days, you will get one "cruise credit" in an FV, but you will get 2 cruise credits in CC or above.

If the cruise is 12+ days, you will get 2 "cruise credits" for the FV and 3 for the CC or above.

For anyone who wants to achieve higher past passenger status more quickly, and especially if booking the CC on your next cruise puts you into the next category, then the CC makes sense.

Archived