Worth paying extra for a JS on Splendour?

We have booked a D1 aft room on the Splendour, 7 nights, E. Med. It's $600 more to upgrade to the JS (there is one available on the aft as well right now). I'm curious to know from those of you who have been on the Splendour if it's worth it. There will be 3 of us in our room, DH and 17 year old daughter. My husband thinks not since we'll have the larger aft balcony and we're only gaining a little space. But, I'm interested in what people who have been on the ship think.

We have booked a D1 aft room on the Splendour, 7 nights, E. Med. It's $600 more to upgrade to the JS (there is one available on the aft as well right now). I'm curious to know from those of you who have been on the Splendour if it's worth it. There will be 3 of us in our room, DH and 17 year old daughter. My husband thinks not since we'll have the larger aft balcony and we're only gaining a little space. But, I'm interested in what people who have been on the ship think.

You are gaining more lounging area and a bigger bathroom. The room is wider than a D1 and will have a couch, table and 2 chairs in it. The bathroom is bigger and will have a bathtub. I would say, if the cruise is port intensive, and you arent going to spend a lot of time in the room, dont waste your money.

If, however, y'all think you might need the space so you dont get on each other's nerves, then go for it.

Is it $600 total? If so, we'd definitely go for it. A very nice bump up in size and cabin amenities (such as a bathtub). Aft is a great location too, so it would be win-win. If it's $600/person ($1800 total), we would not do it. It will be a tad tight with three in a D1, but $1800 would go a long way toward another cruise in a balcony cabin!

The truth is that you are the only ones who can decide if it's worth it for you.

beachchick

We were on Splendour a couple of years ago and had the same choice as you for around the same price difference. We opted for the JS(8082) and loved the cabin. With 3 people the extra space was great and don't forget the aft balcony on the JS is even bigger(wider) than on the D1. The view from there as we left Venice is one of my favourite cruising memories.

Julie

$600 TOTAL for all three pax seems like a good deal; $600 p/p, I'd pass, but I doubt we have the same budget :) . The larger bathroom alone is probably worth the additional cost to most people. Having sailed in a balcony cabin similar in size to a D1 with only two pax, I would not consider a cabin that size for 3 or more people.

For your comparision purposes only, we went from a D1 to a JS on EOS for $100 more p/p...but this was done almost 1 year from sailing. Obviously, this is a different ship too. But I would have taken the upgrade at $200 p/p if that is what it cost.

Archived