Pinnacle Grill

A BIG disappointment for me.

I used to love their usual gazpacho and looked forward to it every cruise. Now they serve that Mango recipe. WAY too sweet for my taste. I miss the traditional gazpacho. We were out to dinner last Saturday with friends and it was on the menu. I had a wonderful bowl of it and again lamented HAL had to go and add sweet mango and ruin it for me. :(

Happy to hear others are enjoying it.

Chocolate Volcano Cake is only available in Pinnacle. And the bread pudding is in Lido as you say.

Have the bread pudding for lunch and then Volcano for dinner at night in Pinnacle. :)

The recipes sound good, thanks for posting them.

Today I made "plain" gazpacho -- well, non-mango anyway. It turned out quite nicely with small dice of tomatoes, cucumbers, red, yellow and green bell peppers, Walla Walla sweet onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, low sodium V-8 juice, and I like finely diced jicama in it for added crunch. Mmm mmm good.

Sail7seas, feel free to drop by for a bowl. :)

I was too hungry to get very involved with the prawns -- typical scampi recipe with butter, garlic, some more of the sweet onions, salt and pepper, and a few herbs sauteed quickly. They were ready about five minutes after I posted about being hungry for them. And being devoured about one minute after that! :eek:

And Ebaycruiser... YES! You can order two desserts. It's one of the most frequently commited sins on board. :D

Sounds wonderful, Seafun.

I wish I lived a bit closer. :)

Happy you enjoyed it. I may mix us up a batch tomorrow. Now that we've talked about it, I need to taste some soon. :D Do you make your peppery or mild?

I usually pulverize some jalapenos to put heat in it, but with all the leftover salmonella tomato scare now pointing to possibly being from jalapenos, I opted to add a commercial medium pico de gallo to add the spiciness today.

It worked very well, and I didn't have to worry about the old "Oops, I just touched my eye after dicing jalapenos, and then 3... 2... 1... :eek: !!!

Mmm... now back to thinking about Pinnacle Grill food... :D

The Halibut is not listed on the new Eurodam Pinnacel Menu.

DH tried to get it a couple of times on our last cruises -- was told not available.

Halibut is getting very PRICEY!!

I usually pulverize some jalapenos to put heat in it, but with all the leftover salmonella tomato scare now pointing to possibly being from jalapenos, I opted to add a commercial medium pico de gallo to add the spiciness today.

It worked very well, and I didn't have to worry about the old "Oops, I just touched my eye after dicing jalapenos, and then 3... 2... 1... :eek: !!!

Mmm... now back to thinking about Pinnacle Grill food... :D

My husband is growing jalapeno this year (I don't like them so I told him if he wanted them, he had to grow them himself) Might have to suggest a gazpacho to him once more of my tomatoes come in.....I'll let him add lots of those spicy peppers to his own and keep my batch separate:p

Sail, Yes I know but the Eurdoam has "Chocolate Bread Pudding" listed as a dessert in the Pinnacle.

Never had Chocolate Bread Pudding before and since I love the Bread Pudding in the Lido, I would like to try it. But .... I also would love to try the Volcano Cake.

If we can't order two desserts, I guess I will have to order the Chocolate

Bread Pudding and my DH the Volcano Cake and take a bite of his. DH does not like bread pudding. :)

Does anyone know if the Pinnacle grill is opened for lunch and if it is what type of menu is available.

Thanks ;) T & D

The days that it will be open for lunch varies with the ship and itinerary. On one 7-day cruise of ours it was closed just 2 days, but on others it has been open only on sea days.

Compliments of Krazy Kruizers, here is the menu:

Lunch is now $10 per person -- some port days it is open.

Starters:

1)Grilled Prawn Bruschetta with a primavera salsa - aged asiago cheese and balsamic fusion

2)Mediterranean antipasto plate - pesto virgin olive oil

3)Scallops creme brulee - caramelized parmesean wafer

4)Northwest five onion soup - tomato shallot soubise

5)Chilled carrot and ginger soup - creme faiche and fried sage

6)Chiffanade of greens and tomato tower salad - Italian vinaigritte

Entrees:

1)Pacific rim beef salad - mesclun leaves, mangoes and lotus fruit

2)Alaskan halibut fillet sandwich - sour dough bread, cilantro relish and cucumber potato salad

3)Crab and shrimp cake - exotic fruit chutney, lime Thai curry sauce and orange rice with pine nuts

4)The Pinnacle burger - apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and bistro style shoestring potatoes. This dish can be served with a low carb bun and without the potatoes.

5)Sterling silver beef tenderloin with Oregon blue cheese crust - grilled asparagus and scalloped potatoes

6)Penne with grilled chicken breast, lemon basil sauce, sun dried tomatoes and arugula

7)Vegetarian couscous - grilled vegetables and fried mint leaves and harissa

Desserts:

1)Fresh strawberries with raspberry sorbet - sugar dough gaufrette

2)Chocolate brownie decadence - an explosion of chocolate

3)Orange and lime panna cotta

4)Ice creams and sorbets - ask for the day's selections

5)Fruit plate

Although I don't approve of this, I have seen people in the Pinnacle at lunch wearing shorts.

Whenever we have had our suite luncheons in there, I wear a skirt and blouse and DH wears slacks a shirt.

Are sandals & a little sun dress OK for the Pinnacle at lunch???

Do you only get one item from each area? I mean only one appetizer, one entree etc? Some of the items look so good that I don't know if I can choose so I was wondering if you can have two things.

Thanks!

Do you only get one item from each area? I mean only one appetizer, one entree etc? Some of the items look so good that I don't know if I can choose so I was wondering if you can have two things.

Thanks!

You can order as many appetizers, soups, salads and desserts as you want.

But you are limited to one entree.

The portions are BIG for most everything. I doubt if you would want to order two of this and two of that.

DH and order different appetizers, etc and then share.

Archived