Island Wings question

buttah75

Unfortunately, Island Wings w/Michelle is booked the day we're in Ketchikan, but I keep reading about so many people going with her that I wonder - how is it possible? Isn't she just one person w/ one plane or does she have other pilots? It seems she's flying everyone (but us) everywhere.

Just makes me more disappointed we couldn't get her. And it doesn't seem like anyone else does a Bears/Misty Fjords combo.

As far as I know, it's just Michelle. I *think* I recall her mentioning that she might buy a second plane, but my memory is fuzzy and I could be wrong. She definitely does not have a fleet of planes flying people around. :)

Bottom line, her plane holds 5 people. She does what - 2 tours a day, weather permitting? Her tours are just very good and come highly recommended by people here. Doesn't mean you still can't have a good experience in Ketchikan. Are you on a waiting list in case someone cancels?

Not sure what you mean by a "bears / Misty Fjords" combo. Island Wings doesn't offer that - they are separate trips. On our B2B cruise last year, we did the bear one the first week and the MF the second.

As far as I know, it's just Michelle. I *think* I recall her mentioning that she might buy a second plane, but my memory is fuzzy and I could be wrong. She definitely does not have a fleet of planes flying people around. :)

Bottom line, her plane holds 5 people. She does what - 2 tours a day, weather permitting? Her tours are just very good and come highly recommended by people here. Doesn't mean you still can't have a good experience in Ketchikan. Are you on a waiting list in case someone cancels?

Not sure what you mean by a "bears / Misty Fjords" combo. Island Wings doesn't offer that - they are separate trips. On our B2B cruise last year, we did the bear one the first week and the MF the second.

Weather permitting, I think Michelle does more than 2 flights per day. There was a noon flight that came in just before we went out at 2 p.m. We were her last flight of the day. I would think she would also do at least 1 more in the a.m. at 10. (to Misty Fjords) She is a one-woman operation. You are correct, she did talk about the possibility of buying another plane. However, she just bought into the restaurant right there at her dock (I forgot the name) and she is holding off getting the 2nd plane.

To GMoney - I would ask to be put on a waiting list. She is worth every penny. Good luck.

Yes, they do. I am booked with Michelle for the combo. It is 5 hours and costs $539. We are flying with her from noon to 5 pm.

Michelle does one trip after another and she didn't get a break the day we were there. I think we were the third trip of the day and we got straight in as the passengers before us got out and when we got out, she was taking off again before we got back to our ship. She works so hard. It was an excellent trip!

Island Wings is offering a combination Bear/Misty Fiords floatplane trip this year.

The cost of the combo is $539.00 for the Traitor's Cove/Misty Combo. The Anan/Misty Combo is probably more.

We made our reservations last February. I spoke with Shoona yesterday because she wanted to change our pickup time from 8am to 1pm. They knew it was fine to tweak the time on us because we'll be in Ketchikan all day that day and most of the following day.

She said they have been flying to Anan on the Combos thusfar. Starting in the next week or so they'll switch over to Traitor's Cove. Anan is better in July than it is in August according to Michelle and other reports I've seen.

I think I do recall that at the time of our booking Shoona mentioned that Michelle was adding another pilot. I don't know if that has happened, I didn't think to ask when I spoke with her yesterday.

I was able to do the Misty Fjord tour with Michelle last week and I can not say enough great things about the experience. I heard about her thru this web site and other forum discussions and my experience was fantastic. She is a one woman/one plane operation and not affiliated with any of the packaged cruise tours but she and her staff put together a fun and interesting tour!! If you can book a tour thru her, grab the opportunity.

Weather permitting, I think Michelle does more than 2 flights per day..... I would think she would also do at least 1 more in the a.m. at 10. (to Misty Fjords)

Hi,

We have booked a 10AM tour with Michelle for next June.

Bruce

Four years ago Michelle was a big disappointment. We made reservation with her months in advance and when it was time to verify (about 1-2 months before the cruise) she said she erased us from her booking and sold it to a larger group. We booked with Southeast Aviation (they had a coupon in the GATS that year) and were very pleased with them.

Four years ago Michelle was a big disappointment. We made reservation with her months in advance and when it was time to verify (about 1-2 months before the cruise) she said she erased us from her booking and sold it to a larger group. We booked with Southeast Aviation (they had a coupon in the GATS that year) and were very pleased with them.

Had you made a deposit? :eek:

We sent 50% payment immediately upon booking back in January.

We're scheduled to fly on a bear viewing/Misty Fiord combo flight in mid-August. We made the reservation and sent a 50% deposit last February. I'd also like to know if "Boten" had put down a 50% deposit as well when the reservation was made. They've tweaked the time of our flight since the initial reservation knowing that we were flexible (spoke with them just yesterday) but there has been no indication of a possible cancellation.

We are booked with Michelle on Sept. 9th from 9-11am. I assume that is the normal time for her morning flight.

It might depend on the time of year. My sister went with her in June at 8:00 a.m. to Misty Fjords.

Archived