We're booked ...

DisneyJen

I'd definitely say I'm in need of a do-over. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

I can't think of a better time or place than SeaDream 2 departing Tenerife on Nov. 13 for Miami. You'll spend 11 days with many "friends" from this board and experience all the best that SD has to offer - night and day.

Just thought I'd chime in after reading all of your posts. We sailed on SDII in the Caribbean in late Jan 2006. It was a little rough at times and we knew people who had to get pills from the Dr. We were fine. We were in 318( which we booked) which is fairly far forward, but slightly forward and across from the Owner's Suite. No Cammiem, it is not your imagination. We were also awakened about 5am by mechanical noises, which we thought were the anchor going out. I really don't know what it was , but it was there. On most mornings we could go back to sleep and forget it! We still loved our cruise and last week we booked the 9 day Jan 9 SDI cruise out of San Juan. We did book GTY this time so it will be interesting to see what we get. I just couldn't resist the savings!

Anyone else going on this cruise?

DJ'sDH:

Welcome aboard. I feel like I already know you a bit. I bet you have the smallest closet in the house and I bet you know exactly where Chico's is.

Jim.

Jim

You could be talking about any of us!

Just thought I'd chime in after reading all of your posts. We sailed on SDII in the Caribbean in late Jan 2006. It was a little rough at times and we knew people who had to get pills from the Dr. We were fine. We were in 318( which we booked) which is fairly far forward, but slightly forward and across from the Owner's Suite. No Cammiem, it is not your imagination. We were also awakened about 5am by mechanical noises, which we thought were the anchor going out. I really don't know what it was , but it was there. On most mornings we could go back to sleep and forget it! We still loved our cruise and last week we booked the 9 day Jan 9 SDI cruise out of San Juan. We did book GTY this time so it will be interesting to see what we get. I just couldn't resist the savings!

FT and I are going, as are DJ and her DH. If we leave it up to FT and DJ they will probably talk CBTJR and others into joining us too!:)

I can't think of a better time or place than SeaDream 2 departing Tenerife on Nov. 13 for Miami. You'll spend 11 days with many "friends" from this board and experience all the best that SD has to offer - night and day.

Oooooh, I'd love a crossing. Especially doing so with many friends from this board. However, I don't think DH could handle that many days at sea. He enjoys getting off the ship and exploring (translated: he'd go crazy if he couldn't get off everyday). Nov. 14 will be our 21st anniversary...maybe I could persuade him to give it a whirl. Unfortunately, that coincides with moving into our new house. Guess I'll have to wait for a crossing. Maybe a crossing in '09 would work. Do you "crossing folk" go yearly? :)

At least I know it wasn't my imagination. If I were better versed in yacht-speak, I could take a guess at what those bed-shaking noises were. I don't think it was the anchor as the noise would bellow while we were sailing. We loved our cruise in spite of it. I'm a glass-half-full kind of gal.

GTY=fantastic savings, so I suppose we'll book GTY again. I'll just remember ear patches, ear plugs and a ziplock for candied ginger. :) Congrats on your booking! I've got to get me one of those! :D

GTY=fantastic savings, so I suppose we'll book GTY again. I'll just remember ear patches, ear plugs and a ziplock for candied ginger. :) Congrats on your booking! I've got to get me one of those! :D

I always travel with ear plugs and the sound machine because of a certain someone's snoring:p

We were very lucky with our GTY rate last year. We had an excellent cabin (415). I explained to DH that there is no guarantee, if we switch to a GTY rate, that we will be as lucky with cabin assignment.

Ctb and FT ... I am keeping an eye on airfare for the crossing. The thought of coach is more than I can handle (guess that is part of the control issue eh FT?). See, I can be spontaneous:p

DJ'sDH:

Welcome aboard. I feel like I already know you a bit. I bet you have the smallest closet in the house and I bet you know exactly where Chico's is.

Jim.

Jim,

This is scary:eek: At the moment you posted this, I was driving past Chico's... (Really! Allegedly we were shopping for me).

28 years ago, when DJ and I started this journey, I was 6'4' (now down to 5'7"). DJ proudly announces how "Jenpecked" I am :mad:

DJ's DH

Jim' date='

This is scary:eek: At the moment you posted this, I was driving past Chico's... (Really! Allegedly we were shopping for me).

28 years ago, when DJ and I started this journey, I was 6'4' (now down to 5'7"). DJ proudly announces how "Jenpecked" I am :mad:

DJ's DH[/quote']

But who did we buy clothes for ... not moi:p

Better Jenpecked than Henpecked:D ... just say "Yes, Dear."

And to keep us on topic ...

We were on Deck 2 on SD2 two cruises ago ... we didn't hear a thing other than the "swooshing" of the water on the hull.

Jim' date='

DJ's DH[/quote']

It sounds like we share a lot of similarities. You would be a perfect candidate for that new union out there, IBMM. International Brotherhood of Married Men. I bet we could get enough members to charter SD. Of course we would take our Dear Spouses, but there would be rules. Rules befitting our Union status. For instance, we would pick the drawer for our underwear and socks. We would decide which side of the bed to sleep on and my personal fave, we would decide who gets to use the bathroom first. Join now, avoid the rush.

All the best.

Jim.

Hi DJ and DJ'sDH, who is scaring me greatly by becoming a "POSTER". What will happen next.. stay tuned for more...:eek:

The trip sounds like another SD1 workout, can we reserve the office early for us all, as well as Bali #1 for DJ?

We are looking at the possibility of this trip instead of the TA in April...

Hope you are all three well DJ, please say Hi to Mr A aka DJ'sDH.

Taylor

It sounds like we share a lot of similarities. You would be a perfect candidate for that new union out there, IBMM. International Brotherhood of Married Men. I bet we could get enough members to charter SD. Of course we would take our Dear Spouses, but there would be rules. Rules befitting our Union status. For instance, we would pick the drawer for our underwear and socks. We would decide which side of the bed to sleep on and my personal fave, we would decide who gets to use the bathroom first. Join now, avoid the rush.

All the best.

Jim.

Jim,

Um...is it possible to pick, vs. having "assigned" drawers? I've never thought of that :rolleyes: SIGN ME UP!!! And DJ tells me she always gives me the better side of the bed...why would I want to choose the other side?

I'm not going to touch the bathroom debate - is nothing sacred? I'm not the union type, but this sounds too good to be true...how much is the initiation fee?

I presume this makes me a "dual - charter member" (IBMM and SD) ???

DJ's DH

DisneyJen, Sounds like a wonderful trip! I will talk withDH tonight about joining you!

How wonderful!! It would GREAT if you and your DH could help us celerbate:D

Hi DJ and DJ'sDH, who is scaring me greatly by becoming a "POSTER". What will happen next.. stay tuned for more...:eek:

The trip sounds like another SD1 workout, can we reserve the office early for us all, as well as Bali #1 for DJ?

We are looking at the possibility of this trip instead of the TA in April...

Hope you are all three well DJ, please say Hi to Mr A aka DJ'sDH.

Taylor

All is well here ... hope the same for you and C!

We will definitely be holding office hours:D

Now I have to dig out the email addresses for a certain California couple to join us as well since they haven't posted since our SD adventure!

FT ... looks like we could be having quite a reception:D

Jim, we sure wish you and Lois could join us!

Ctb ... we hope you and Mrs. will consider joining us as well!

Jim' date='

Um...is it possible to pick, vs. having "assigned" drawers? I've never thought of that :rolleyes: SIGN ME UP!!! And DJ tells me she always gives me the better side of the bed...why would I want to choose the other side?

I'm not going to touch the bathroom debate - is nothing sacred? I'm not the union type, but this sounds too good to be true...how much is the initiation fee?

I presume this makes me a "dual - charter member" (IBMM and SD) ???

DJ's DH[/quote']

But you LOVE that side of the bed!

In terms of the drawer space ... when you start washing, folding, packing and unpacking your clothes then we can have a discussion on drawer space:p:D:eek:

But you LOVE that side of the bed!

In terms of the drawer space ... when you start washing, folding, packing and unpacking your clothes then we can have a discussion on drawer space:p:D:eek:

I don't know why it is such a big deal anyway...by the time I've found my "assigned" underwear drawer, you're balling your eyes out, preparing to pack for the trip home...

I'd just as soon wear a bathing suit all week :D

I don't know why it is such a big deal anyway...by the time I've found my "assigned" underwear drawer' date=' you're balling your eyes out, preparing to pack for the trip home...

I'd just as soon wear a bathing suit all week :D[/quote']

You forget the SD baseball cap ... which means that is all I am packing for you this trip:eek: Just kidding!

Jbcjtc ... I'll email you tomorrow!

No dear, we are on SD II. As are DJ and her DH.

FT

Oh

I just knew we were going. I guess the upcoming adventure with DS has me thinking even less correctly than normal.

BTW don't let anyone tell you that your own children are cheap dates!

Our deposit has been called in ... so we are good to go!

Jamie at reservations also sent me the info on the vow renewal packages. Now we just have to wait and see how many of you are going to be joining us!!

Sorry that we can't join you all. The itinerary is excellent. Can't think of a single port that I'd want to substitute. And I like flying into and out of San Juan given the many nonstop flight options from the States unlike any of the other Caribbean ports used by SeaDream.

• 7 months later...
OK...This is DJ's DH...I'm a virgin at this' date=' so please be gentle...:)

After years of peer pressure (DJ, FT, ZQVOL, CTBJR, ...), I've caved in to "peer pressure" and joined this band of happy sailors. While "lurking" over DJ's shoulder for so long, I feel the need to step up to the plate.

I may regret this...:eek:[/quote']

Circa July, 2008...and here we are 8 months later.

I have limited regrets (primarily being picked-on, by those I thought were friends!), and MANY fond memories...

The next 2 days in the office will be hedoubletoothpicks, waiting for our CLT-SJU flight Thursday (with the jbcjtc's), followed by a SD1/SD2 pre-cruise luncheon arranged by FT, parade to the ships with women in tiara's... (will there be fireworks???).

THEN THE FUN BEGINS!!!:D

We board SD2, and some 24 hours later, DJ and I renew our vows celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss (MOST of them happy!).

And then we have a week to relax!!! Woohoo!!!:cool:

I'm pretty sure that's not the whole story...but we'll have to wait and see...

Archived