Suitcases under the beds???

I know I'm over-packing...again. I can't bear to iron another item of clothing!!! I thought I was done ironing last week...but my boys have handed me another pile of clothes they want to bring.

Anyway...we bought new newcases...and just looking at them...I don't think they are going to fit under the beds in the room like the old ones did. Do they have a place that suitcases can be stored during the duration of the cruise???

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

We use Samsonites. We open them and then slide them under the beds. We sometimes have to put our carry-ons inside those open suitcases.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

Yeah...maybe if I leave them opened...they are really tall...even with the cover left open though...but not as bad...we purchased a set of 4 pull luggage...really nice...but big!!! This luggage set has caused us more problems...we were going to take my car...but they didn't fit in the trunk...so now we are taking my husband's gas guzzlin' pick up truck...but in order to take that...we had to buy a tonneau cover for the bed of the truck...so the luggage would stay dry...honestly!!! I wish I still had my old orange 1970s torn luggage...lol!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The answer is yes and, yes.

We have deep suitcases, also, and put them under the bed. You may have to lift the frame up to get them under, because the frame sticks down an inch or so, but once under they're ok.

They can also store your empty suitcases for you. Just give them to your cabin steward and leave the cabin number identifying tag on them: the one you get with your cruise docs that's used to deliver your suitcases to your cabin.

I know how you feel. Packing's the worst, and I have been over packing for decades. I'm determined to cut back, though, since the airlines are charging now for heavy suitcases.

Peggy - RCI since 1973

Hi,

We have 30 inch pullman's and they are the new hybrid type ...hardshell on the back, nylon on the front and they fit with a little juggling just fine under the bed. We also put our smaller ones in the big ones to conserve space, and we take a trash bag and put our dirty laundry in it and into one of the larger suitcases, too.

And...I am definitely cutting down on clothes this time...I habitually take too much and end up never wearing it.

Have a nice sail, and we have 47 days and our "groupies cruise" on AOS icon_razz.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;05;28;6;00;00&timezone=EST-0400

I have a really big one that I only use when we drive somewhere, it is tad too big for the planes.Yhe big one had outside places for shoes, but even opened it was hard fitting it under the bed. We sood it in the corner and used it as storage. But they will store it if you ask.

So when I fly I take a slightly smaller one and then pack the heavier items, like shoes and such in a smaller one that can be carried and it fits in small apces.All the other cases then fit inside each other under the bed.

barbara02.gif

My vacation pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/abridalmaven

Norwegian Dawn May 23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The biggest problem we have with big suitcases is not storing them on the ship, it's keeping them under the airline weight limit. We ended up getting some smaller ones.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

Be careful of your suitcase weight. We sailed/flew last year and the airport made us dump suitcase contents until they weighed 50lbs. The huge suitcases hold a lot, but then weigh too much. Also, our steward took our suitcases and stored them in a room because we had 4 people in our room, that was Celebrity's 10 day cruise.

We are driving! Airline prices were just too high for our kids school vacation week. 2-3x what we usually spend for a flight to florida.

gigivic...I thought of that or a tarp...but I wound up finding a tonneau cover on ebay to fit his truck...installed it this week...really nice. I love ebay...almost as much as I love cruisecritic...lol.

Thanks everyone.

Archived