Water banned on Carnival Cruise ships!

Cinderose

I really think this was a post to get a spirited thread going. Notice that we have not heard from the OP since starting this thread. We will definitely know whether it is true or not when others start reporting back from various cruises whether they were able to bring on their choice of beverages. Also, for all those that say what is wrong with tap water because we drank it some 20 years ago and didn't have a problem with it then, I did not start drinking water until it became available in bottles. I never liked tap water. It was always easier to grab whatever was cold in the frig. I drink so much now because it is convenient and easier to transport.

Excuse me for having a life and leaving town for the weekend! Havent had a chance to respond until now!!! This was a post to inform others in case this was really true! How should I have known it was an old post on that quoted website! Sounds like your a very trusting ---ooopppsss, I mean finger pointing kind of person. I think everyone is getting way off topic here.

I was wondering how much longer it was going to take for people to realize that the OP was just stirring the pot!

LSU... Not even close!

Mach gave us the true scoop.

LOOKS LIKE CARNIVAL HAS NOT CHANGED ITS POLICY.

THE WEBSITE I FOUND THE ORIG INFO ON IS MISLEADING.

END OF TOPIC.

Given many, many people have posted the need for distilled water for their sleeping/apnea machines, I cant imagine this policy going into effect without an exception for them

While it is true, bottle water has no standards, the term "spring water" does have a restriction that bans tap water. See - http://www.bottledwater.org/public/faqs.htm#2

I grew up too close to Poland Spring, not to know this ;)

Are there standards that ban dead animals in the spring? Are the springs inspected? I once drank Canadian spring water until a Canadian friend told me "Yes, our water is very clean and pure, except for the radium deposits."

P. T. Barnum was a pessimist. There's way more than one sucker born every minute.:D

I drank spring water throughout my childhood and until I was about 30 because that's all we had, so I don't get a thrill out of styling with a bottle of it in my hand.:cool: And to think, we were sitting on a gold mine and didn't know it.:o

After taking out all the junk..a other filter adds back minerals

We have tested our water againts are pool water and the tap has a higher clorine level...pretty scary....

Aaaauuugh! Chlorine is poison, if you breath it. Come to think of it, so is the water:D

It is unfortunate that water bottles have been restricted because of reported "abuse". A solution would be to only permit closed bottles on board, just like the airlines. Also, in reference to the filling of a container; it isn't advised because it is unsanitary. I am a water lover and I carry water 24/7. I take medication that requires me to do so. I attempted to fill a travel mug purchased on board the boat with the NCL logo on it and I was stopped by the attendants almost every time I filled it. I can see their point about germs being distributed via a dispensing fountain where everyone places their cups. I wished there was a fair compromise!! Happy sailing everyone!!

I can only imagine that the only way the ship would have water is by it being filtered, so I'll go with that and just bring my 32 ounce bottle.

I bought the "bridge and engine room" dvd last time I was on the Holiday. It says their water is distilled from sea water, and Holiday is the oldest ship in Carnival's fleet. You cannot get any purer than distilled, and I doubt if they go to the expense of adding flouride or antibiotics.

How did many of you born before this brilliant marketing strategy began survive without bottled water?

Some bottled water is better on digestive tracts than others? What, Lake Erie water is bottled now? I can see that causing a little tummy trouble.

Thank God we live in the U.P of MI, right next to Lake Superior which, only slightly filtered and not treated, keeps us hydrated.

Water is really just water (I also agree with Lewis Black on this) unless it's from Mexico, and then it's also a laxative.

• 3 weeks later...
Just read this...

>>>snip<<<

Quote: http://travel.gocurious.com/latest/water-banned-on-carnival-cruise-ships.html

From this link on Carnival.com CURRENTLY:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

"Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

It was still on the first page of the Carnival forum, and gave incorrect information. New readers tend to not go past the first page when looking for information, or they post up the umpteenth reiteration of a question. Best to nip misinformation in the bud when it arises.

:D

It was still on the first page of the Carnival forum, and gave incorrect information. New readers tend to not go past the first page when looking for information, or they post up the umpteenth reiteration of a question. Best to nip misinformation in the bud when it arises.

:D

The last post was made on July 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM.

no way it was on the front page....LMAO

There are threads on the 2nd page with posts on them from today.

:rolleyes:

I bought the "bridge and engine room" dvd last time I was on the Holiday. It says their water is distilled from sea water, and Holiday is the oldest ship in Carnival's fleet. You cannot get any purer than distilled, and I doubt if they go to the expense of adding flouride or antibiotics.

Distilled water is pure but it is not natural and as such humans were never meant to consume it for long periods of time. The human body needs water that is slightly akaline as it comes out of the ground naturally. Distilled water is acidic due to the process and will actually draw minerals from the body.

Again as some have posted most people are better off just drinking tap water.

The last post was made on July 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM.

no way it was on the front page....LMAO

There are threads on the 2nd page with posts on them from today.

:rolleyes:

OK, guess we'll just agree to disagree, since I just looked at the pages and there's nothing posted from today on my second page.

Like Kirby says - "Right back at ya!" :rolleyes:

I never knew that about distilled water. I knew about the need for alkalaids, didn't realise that distilling removes everything from the H2O. Cool, thanks! :D

OK, guess we'll just agree to disagree, since I just looked at the pages and there's nothing posted from today on my second page.

I never knew that about distilled water. I knew about the need for alkalaids, didn't realise that distilling removes everything from the H2O. Cool, thanks! :D

Do you have 150 threads on your pages? LOL

do you filter anything out? because todays posts go back to almost the bottom of page 3

firstnew.gif Sensation Advice

GJClay

Today 12:05 AM

by GJClay lastpost.gif

No.

When I go out for an evening' date=' I don't take my own liquor bottle with me to save money. When I go to a restaurant, I don't bring my own wine (unless it is a BYOB place) or food to save money. It wouldn't be permitted anyway.

Why anyone would think smuggling booze onboard is a good thing to do is beyond me. Overpriced drinks? Sure.....every bought a drink at an airport or a nightclub or lounge? One could say they are overpriced too.

It reminds me of a bunch of high schoolers trying to get one over on the teachers at the prom.[/quote']

To be fair, when you do that you're only there 2-3 hours tops.

Not 24/7 for 7 days.

Just read this...

What are they thinking? Just this week Carnival Cruise Lines has revised their bring on beverage policy. Now even water for personal use is banned. Previously passengers were permitted to carry on a reasonable amount of beverages for personal use. This may present a problem for those cruisers who are loyal to one brand of soft drink or water.

Carnival has also revised their alcoholic beverage policy limiting carry on alcohol to one bottle of wine per passenger. These measures should cut down on public drunkenness or will it? I understand that smuggling of alcohol has become something of an art with people trading their secrets for contraband all over the internet. It is a well known secret that many folks empty out mouthwash containers and shampoo bottles for the purpose of refilling them with alcohol. Water bottle and soda bottles were also familiar vehicles to carry on the contraband alcohol. Restricting water will eliminate than avenue of smuggling on your favorite treat.

These policies have been in effect on Royal Caribbean for some time and caused nary a peep out of Royal Caribbean cruisers. It seems carnival passengers are a loyal and vocal bunch.

There really is no logical reason to carry on your own water (unless you require distilled water for a medical device such as a CPAP machine-that will be allowed with a doctor’s note). All of the modern mega liners have their own desalination plants on board which produce excellent quality water for drinking and soda, albeit only certain brands, are available for purchase 24 hours a day.

Quote: http://travel.gocurious.com/latest/water-banned-on-carnival-cruise-ships.html

Yes and No

Yes they have the capability to make their own water.

However, it is cheaper for the ship to buy water in many ports. So you are drinking water bought from the ports of call on your itinerary. Less water less weight less fuel to burn. Burning fuel to make water is not cheap neither. This is per a HAL Captain.

The U.S.S. Constitution, as a combat vessel carried 48,600 gallons of fresh water for her crew of 475 officers and men. This was sufficient to last six months of sustained operations at sea. She carried no evaporators (fresh water distillers). However, let it be noted that according to her log, "On July 27, 1798, the U.S.S. Constitution sailed from Boston with a full complement of 475 officers and men, 48,600 gallonsof fresh water, 7,400 cannon shot, 11,600 pounds of black powder and 79,400 gallons of rum. Her mission: "To destroy and harass English shipping."

Making Jamaica on 6 October, she took on 826 pounds of flour and 68,300 gallons of rum. Then she headed for the Azores, arriving there 12 November. She provisioned with 550 pounds of beef and 64,300 gallons of Portuguese wine. On 18 November, she set sail for England. In the ensuing days she defeated five British men-of-war and captured and scuttled 12 English merchantmen, salvaging only the rum aboard each.

By 26 January, her powder and shot were exhausted. Nevertheless, and though unarmed, she made a night raid up the Firth of Clyde in Scotland. Her landing party captured a whiskey distillery and transferred 40,000 gallonsof single malt Scotch aboard by dawn.

The U.S.S. Constitution arrived in Boston on 20 February 1799, with no cannon shot, no food, no powder, NO rum, NO wine, NO whiskey and 48,600 gallons of stagnant water.

Yes and No

Yes they have the capability to make their own water.

However, it is cheaper for the ship to buy water in many ports. So you are drinking water bought from the ports of call on your itinerary. Less water less weight less fuel to burn. Burning fuel to make water is not cheap neither. This is per a HAL Captain.

That is what I thought.

When we sailed from New Orleans we definitely had New Orleans water until we got to Mexico and then got some good water.

Let me just start by saying the following:

I dont drink alcohol so I wouldn't be bringing it on board.

I have no plans to take bottled water on board with me either.

I will be buying a soda card on board.

However...I would like to take a small quantity of diet coke on board with me to have in my room for when I wake up. It's kind of like my morning coffee and I dont want to have to get dressed and walk to get a soda right off the bat. I want to enjoy it in my bed, before my day starts.

So...with all that said...what do you think is a reasonable amount to take on board with you in your carry-on luggage? a 6-pack? Opinion?

Let me just start by saying the following:

I dont drink alcohol so I wouldn't be bringing it on board.

I have no plans to take bottled water on board with me either.

I will be buying a soda card on board.

However...I would like to take a small quantity of diet coke on board with me to have in my room for when I wake up. It's kind of like my morning coffee and I dont want to have to get dressed and walk to get a soda right off the bat. I want to enjoy it in my bed, before my day starts.

So...with all that said...what do you think is a reasonable amount to take on board with you in your carry-on luggage? a 6-pack? Opinion?

Yes thats fine bring a 12 pack if you wish and a small colapsable cooler....Pack it with your reg stuff....have room stewart fill it with Ice......and enjoy

OMG! Die thread die!! This issue has already been put to bed.

LMFAO!!!!!

How about just skipping the water and drinking beer?

Personally I would drink corana during the day and a nice full bodied Boddingtons at night after dinner with a good cigar.

;)

Distilled water is mainly for use in medical equipment, it is not really for human comsumption, that is why if you do drink distlled water to make sure you are taking supplements to cover what is being taken out during the boiling process. Distilled water is basically boiled water.

Archived